Review: The Darkest Minds Review: Chasers Review: Cornered Review: Finale Review: Leopard Moon

Monday, June 21, 2010

Review: Nightlight: A Parody

Title: Nightlight: A Parody
Series: No
Genre: Young Adult-Comedy
Author: Harvard Lampoon
Publisher: Vintage
Release Date: November 3, 2009
Book: Bought
Now this book had me in laughing fits!



"About three things I was absolutely certain. First, Edwart was most likely my soul mate, maybe.
Second, there was a vampire part of him-- which I assumed was wildly out of his control--that wanted me dead.
And third, I unconditionally, irrevocably, impenetrably, heterogeneously, gynecologically, and disreputably wished he had kissed me."

I picked up this book looking for a great laugh and boy did I get it. We meet Belle Goose, who leaves her mother and her new stepdad Bill to move to Switchblade,Oregon with her father Jim. Who by was is a window-wiper. LOL. She goes to school and meets Edwart Mullen who is completely oblivious to Belle. He doesn't even like her. Belle falls a lot and into big things. She drives a U-HAUL truck to school taking up two parking spaces! I totally want to say more but I am afraid I will ruined it for those who want to read it. This book is a great read. It kept me laughing all day. My favorite part was when Belle added information to the wiki search she did on vampires:

"Then I thought, why don't I share my knowledge with the world? I sat back down at the computer and went to the vampire Wikipedia page. I added a sentence to the article: "Edwart Mullen of Switchblade, Oregon, is a vampire, but don't kill him because I love him!" Then I added a picture of Edwart's abs."

LOL! Seriously?

 Also it's a small book. It didn't take me more than an hour to read. As I did chores throughout the house, I kept thinking about what happen in the book and I would crack up. At one point, my husband found me laughing over the kitchen sink doing dishes and asked me "whats so funny" and I couldn't tell him because I couldn't breathe! He just shook his head at me and walked away. If your a fan of the Twilight series, this is a book you will enjoy.

I give it 5 BITES!


Happy Reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello lovely reader! Thanks for commenting! I enjoying reading what you have to say :) I have turn on the comment mod due to a large amount of spam. Thanks :)