Review: The Darkest Minds Review: Chasers Review: Cornered Review: Finale Review: Leopard Moon

Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Blogging and Tips

I just wanted again to say thanks to all of my fellow bloggers. I have been blogging for only a little over a month now and the response I gotten has been so good. I never thought I get such a response. While I've have been reading books for a long time, blogging I am barely getting use too. I gotten some tips and tricks learning my way around so I thought I share some with you.

1. Blog about something you love!
 You can't blog about something you don't like or do.

2. Design your blog to match your blog name.
I've visited a couple of blogs and they just don't look right. Design it to your name or genre. And don't be afraid to try something new. You never know, it may look better than what you thought. I design my blog using Artisteer. It was pricey but well worth it as you can see. Also organize it. I get lots of e-mails of pretty and nice my blog looks.

3. Promote, Promote, Promote!
 I can't stress how important this is. Promote your blog, talk to other bloggers, get involved in chats, contests, etc. You can't go to the blog, ask them to follow you or vice-versa, and never be involved. You need to show interest so other will show interest in yours. Also be poilte.

4. Review!
 I started writing reviews from my own collection. I still don't even receive ARC's. The only ones I get are from Netgalley.com. Sign up and you can get e-galleys. Other than that, I don't get any.

5. Not to many Memes/ Make your own.
 I am all for memes. But it does get kind of repetitive when I log on and see all the blogs post are basically the same thing. In my mail box, teaser tuesday, etc. I started the IMM and decided to change it. I wanted something different. Unique. Nothing that everyone is doing. So be out of the box. Do something that no one else is, or change the names, change the day, etc.

6. Contest
They are important and costly. I give away books that I buy and pay for shipping and handling on my own. So if you can, hold a contest ever once in while. You don't have to them all the time. I am going to do at least 2 to 3 a month. At least I am going to try.

7. Be professional in what you post.
Remember, if you want ARC's you need to be aware of what you are posting. Agents, publishers, etc look at YOUR blog. If you post something inappropriate, ranting, or cursing about things, it may hurt you in the long run. I know its YOUR blog and YOU can post whatever you want on it. Just remember that what you post, never goes away and can come back to haunt you.

8. Be Active
By active I mean, post something everyday. Its has to be a review, contest, just something about books in general. Some of the best blogs I've seen are always active, posting new things every single day. Having a blog is work.

9. Have fun!
Blogging is fun. You get to meet others, create new friendships and most of all, talk about the things you love.

If you have any questions for me let me know. I'll be more than happy to try to help you in anyway that I can.

Also don't forget my 150 followers giveaway. You can enter here.

Fill Form HERE.

Thanks again for everything.

Happy Reading!

2 comments:

  1. ah your great i love this post!!! i did a little QA earlier on this month and it was regrding he above

    My Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the suggestions! I'm new to blogging, but not new to reading. I think I'm going on week 2 of blogging.
    I really love reading your blog and it gives me lots of great ideas and I'm slowly learning everything! Thanks again!
    Oh, here's my blog. I'm open to suggestions or just stop by and see me! :D
    http://www.bonniesbestreads.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Hello lovely reader! Thanks for commenting! I enjoying reading what you have to say :) I have turn on the comment mod due to a large amount of spam. Thanks :)