Review: The Darkest Minds Review: Chasers Review: Cornered Review: Finale Review: Leopard Moon

Saturday, July 17, 2010

Review: Shiver

Title: Shiver
Series: The Wolves of Mercy Falls # 1
Genre: Young Adult-Paranormal/Shapeshifting
Author: Maggie Stiefvater
Publisher: Scholastic
Release Date: August 1, 2009
Book: Bought



"For years, Grace has watched the wolves in the woods behind her house. One yellow-eyed wolf—her wolf—is a chilling presence she can't seem to live without. Meanwhile, Sam has lived two lives: In winter, the frozen woods, the protection of the pack, and the silent company of a fearless girl."

This is such an amazing love story. Here we have a girl, Grace who has always been fascinated with the wolves. When she was little she was attacked by one and has never grown to be angry or feared by them. Instead it drew her more to them. But there was one wolves, which she called her own, the one with yellow eyes.

Sam is our leading male. When the weather get hot Sam becomes a boy and when it get cold, he becomes a wolf. Cursed to live a double life, Sam always watches and  takes care of the one girl who watches him. Grace comes upon him one day to find him injured. Of course Grace being the lovely girl that she is, she helps him, helping him get better. Grace can't help but feel struck by the similarity between her wolf and Sam. She feels connected to him and she knows he feels it too.

Soon winter will come again, and Sam's struggles between the fight of becoming wolf or staying human.

I love this love story. Such an amazing adventure to read. The writing was beautiful and the plot line was great. Maggie did a great job writing this. I love the temperature at the beginning at each chapter. Every time it got lower, I got more nervous. Maggie did a great job writing the plot just so each time it gets even more intense and them BAM! So awesome.

I give it 5 BITES!


Happy Reading!




4 comments:

  1. I feel like a late bloomer, seeing as i'm the only person who hasnt read this book yet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you enjoyed it! I really liked this book and I can't wait for linger!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i loved shiver, too, and i can't wait to get my hands on a copy of linger! i'll be looking out for your review :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Savannah! I just finished SHIVER and am reading LINGER too! :)
    Lovely review. I'm glad you liked it too :D

    ReplyDelete

Hello lovely reader! Thanks for commenting! I enjoying reading what you have to say :) I have turn on the comment mod due to a large amount of spam. Thanks :)