Review: The Darkest Minds Review: Chasers Review: Cornered Review: Finale Review: Leopard Moon

Thursday, July 22, 2010

What is the first novel you have ever read?

So the other day my mother brings me my books I had when I was kid. Now, I knew I read a lot, but I had no idea I had read that much.

I went digging through the box and took out the first novel I ever read.

Here it is:


Title: Winnie-The Pooh
Author: A.A. Milne
Decorations: Ernest H. Shepard
Publisher: Dutton
Pages: 161

I read this in third grade for a program in my school called Book It. You had to read a certain amount of books a week. If you reach the goal, you got a coupon for a free personal pan pizza at Pizza Hut.
I also believe this was the start of my chubby years. I loved the reading, but the food I say made me fat.

Anywho...............

Whats was your first novel that you read?
Title? Author?
How old were you?

Please share your thoughts with me.

Happy Reading!



10 comments:

  1. The first book i ever read was Sleepy Hollow..havent stopped reading horror related mystery stories since :) The headless horsemen is still epic! I was five the first time i read it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm..I've seen the movie but have not read the books. I will have to do so now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. awwww so cute =)

    I just wanted to let you know that I featured you in my blog hop post today!

    xoxo

    HERE!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I remember a similar program at my school as well. I vaguely recall personal pan pizza gift certificates for Pizza Hut being awarded for X amount of books read. Hmmm. :)

    My first book... I'd have to look, but I do have a picture of myself reading it. I received it for my birthday from my grandparents, and it was a chapter book... something about a quilt. Other than that, I was big into the Little House on the Prairie books, so I'd have to say my first "novel" was probably Little House in the Big Woods by Laura Ingalls Wilder.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww, that's so cute! That's awesome that you even remember, I wish I could remember what the first book I read was...

    *ponders*

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh gosh...I have no idea what the first novel I read was. I know I started reading at a young age...and I remember reading the Berenstain Bear chapter books around or before 1st grade...but if I had to hazard a guess, I think the first official novel I read was White Fang or The Call of the Wild by Jack London. Illustrated versions, of course, but I absolutely loved those books.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey you, just following and hopping. The first book I read was "Where the Wild Things Are". The first novel I read was a book my best friend gave me. I don't remember the name, but I remember the story vividly. My addiction for books began then. Have a great weekend.
    See ya!
    Readaholics Anonymous

    ReplyDelete
  8. How can I remember?! I started reading at age 3. Hmmmm, all the Happy Hollisters books, all the Bobbsey Twins, all the Nancy Drews. Age 13 I read Gone with the Wind in one day -- loved that one so much. Following you from the blog hop

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm sure this wasn't the first but it is the one I remember ...Call of the Wild by Jack London. I love animals so I read this one over & over again. I love Winnie the Pooh too now as an adult but strangely enough I don't recall reading it as a child.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Man, you guys starting reading young. That so great! I love all the books you all have read!

    ReplyDelete

Hello lovely reader! Thanks for commenting! I enjoying reading what you have to say :) I have turn on the comment mod due to a large amount of spam. Thanks :)