Review: The Darkest Minds Review: Chasers Review: Cornered Review: Finale Review: Leopard Moon

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Review: Promise

Title: Promise
Series: Soul Savers #1
Genre: New Adult-Fantasy
Author: Kristie Cook
Publisher: Ang'dora Productions
Release Date: July 30, 2010
Book: Won


"Alexis Ames has a life full of promise…but not all promises can be kept.

When Alexis Ames is attacked by creatures that can’t be real, she decides it’s time she learns who she really is, with or without the help of her mother, who guards their family’s secrets closely. After meeting the inhumanly attractive, multi-talented Tristan Knight, however, Alexis retreats behind her façade of normalcy…until she discovers he’s not exactly normal either. Then their secrets begin to unravel.

Their union brings hope and promise to her family’s secret society, the Angels’ army, and to the future of mankind. But it also incites a dangerous pursuit by the enemy – Satan’s minions and Tristan’s creators. After all, Alexis and Tristan are a match made in Heaven and in Hell."

Instead of starting off slow, you are immediately thrown into it. From the very first chapter, I was tossed in the sea of emotions that this book brought. From there on out, it only dragged me more and more, pulling me in with the characters.

If one thing I enjoy about a good book is the emotionally play of my feelings. I love it when a book tosses me back and forth with drama, mysteries, anger......Promise delivered just that.

Alexis Ames is kept in the dark about everything. Her mother, Sophia refuses to tell her what really is going on in their lives. They move constantly leaving nothing behind. Until one day, when their secret catches up to them and Alexis wants answers.

Ms.Cook not only delivered an astoundingly good book but also kept me in the dark as well. I read on faster and faster wanting in on the secret as well. Her characters has character. I was drawn toward Tristian. An wildly handsome young man, who knows more about Alexis that she does herself. Even the role her mother Sophia played was great. I knew it was only a matter of time until she broke and spilled. Either that or Alexis would figured it out on her own.

Ms. Cook left nothing out detailing everything perfectly. Her whole plot, and writing was just beautiful. Did this book have Promise? It sure as hell did.

I give it 5 BITES!



Happy Reading!






5 comments:

  1. Sounds like a really good read! Thanks for the review. I've never heard of it :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a really good book! I will have to add it to my ever growing TBR pile!

    Great Review!
    http://breathlessbooks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I liked this one also. The ending was...I won't give anything away for those who haven't read it but it definitely left me wanting the 2nd book. Can't wait till it comes out. Great review.


    Stephanie G
    Paranormal Haven

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds interesting. I'm hoping the ending wasn't a cliffhanger!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It does sounds like a great read. The cover alone would not have me pick this one up.
    I know 'don't judge a book by it's cover'. Thanks for the great review. ;)

    Just visiting your blog. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Hello lovely reader! Thanks for commenting! I enjoying reading what you have to say :) I have turn on the comment mod due to a large amount of spam. Thanks :)