Review: The Darkest Minds Review: Chasers Review: Cornered Review: Finale Review: Leopard Moon

Thursday, September 16, 2010

Review: Braced to Bite

Title: Braced to Bite
Series: Half-Blood Vampires # 1
Genre: Young Adult-Paranormal
Author: Serena Robar
Publisher: Pequin Group
Release Date: June 1, 2010
Book: Bought



"Colby Blanchard is the popular cheerleader with the grades, the hunky boyfriend, and the homecoming crown in the bag. Then things go bad-like turning-into-a-vampire bad. And complicating things is the fact that her orthodontist father has removed her canine teeth to give her a perfect smile, so she can't even do the vampire thing properly. Luckily, he's fitting her with some new headgear so she can feed. (So now she's not just a vampire but a dork.) This lighthearted debut will have Buffy fans of all ages laughing and shuddering as Colby battles the Vampire Council, resists her attraction to a fellow vamp, and hunts down the rogue bloodsucker who got her in this mess in the first place-all while trying to snag a date for homecoming."

There is something about cheerleaders crossing over to the dark side that just gets me. This book was exciting! I loved reading about Colby and loved her attitude. She acted just as I thought she would and I enjoyed every minute of it.

The one thing about this book was that is was a fun, easy, quick, read. The plot and drama was good and nothing was overrated. Her maker I was definitely interested in. He was very intriguing. Also, I like how Colby was feeling attracted to the vamp counsel dude. Totaly ironic that she fall for a guy who is way out of her league.

Now on the other hand, I felt this book needed more. Although it was fun and easy, I would like to read more into the story and learn more abou the vampires. I did however buy the second book, and will read that one soon to see what more is in store.

If you like an over achiever cheerleader going vamp with all the drama read this. Its was fun and witty read and will satisfy your vamp side.

I give it 4 BITES!


Happy Reading!


2 comments:

  1. I've never heard of this one...it sounds so enticing. Great review :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great review! I remember wanting to read this book a long while ago, back when it had a different cover. (Could never find it, though. Sigh.) I love fun vampire books, and BRACED TO BITE definitely looks like one!

    ReplyDelete

Hello lovely reader! Thanks for commenting! I enjoying reading what you have to say :) I have turn on the comment mod due to a large amount of spam. Thanks :)