Review: The Darkest Minds Review: Chasers Review: Cornered Review: Finale Review: Leopard Moon

Thursday, September 30, 2010

Review: Infinite Days


Title: Infinite Days
Series: Infinite Days # 1
Genre: Young Adult-Paranormal
Author: Rebecca Maizel
Publisher: St. Martin's Griffin
Release Date: August 3, 2010
Book: Bought

"Lenah Beaudonte is, in many ways, your average teen: the new girl at Wickham Boarding School, she struggles to fit in enough to survive and stand out enough to catch the eye of the golden-boy lacrosse captain. But Lenah also just happens to be a recovering five-hundred-year-old vampire queen. After centuries of terrorizing Europe, Lenah is able to realize the dream all vampires have -- to be human again. After performing a dangerous ritual to restore her humanity, Lenah entered a century-long hibernation, leaving behind the wicked coven she ruled over and the eternal love who has helped grant her deep-seated wish.

Until, that is, Lenah draws her first natural breath in centuries at Wickham and rediscovers a human life that bears little resemblance to the one she had known. As if suddenly becoming a teenager weren’t stressful enough, each passing hour brings Lenah closer to the moment when her abandoned coven will open the crypt where she should be sleeping and find her gone. As her borrowed days slip by, Lenah resolves to live her newfound life as fully as she can. But, to do so, she must answer ominous questions: Can an ex-vampire survive in an alien time and place? What can Lenah do to protect her new friends from the bloodthirsty menace about to descend upon them? And how is she ever going to pass her biology midterm?"

From the very first page I was taken back. Taken back so firecely by the selflessness of Rhode and what he did for Lenah. I cried. The loved that poured out of him had me in awe. The self sacrafice just touch me so much.

Lenah has now entered a new world, one that she does not know or comprehend. She tries her best to fit it and learns quickly. She feels left alone but at the same time, excited to start a new life. She throws herself in making friends and enemies. I was a little apalled on how she handled her enemies. Here she was a powerful vampire and she couldn't even handle a couple of mean teenage girls. Also on the other hand, you could say that she handled it well. She was trying to escape her vampire life so to ignore them and move on was a good way to handle it. It all depends on the way you see it.

The love interest in this book was good. I was rooting for the other guys but the guys she chose I guess was good. He loved her immensely and show it throughly.

The paranormal touch to it was one that capture me right away. I love the ritual and how it all came to be. I love how Lenah wanted a change and did it. It was written well and tied together perfectly.

I give it 5 BITES!


Happy Reading!

7 comments:

  1. Why do I still have this one sitting on my bedside table! Gonna read it soon. Your review made me all excited! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have had this book sitting on my bookshelf for so long I think it's about time I take it down and read it. Great review.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks really good! Thanks so much for the review!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's definitely on my to-read list!
    It sounds really good!
    Thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved this one too. It was excellent!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great review! I've heard so many good things about this book elsewhere, too. I can't wait to finally check this one out!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great review! Glad you loved it! Gives me hope as my copy is on its way :)

    ReplyDelete

Hello lovely reader! Thanks for commenting! I enjoying reading what you have to say :) I have turn on the comment mod due to a large amount of spam. Thanks :)