Review: The Darkest Minds Review: Chasers Review: Cornered Review: Finale Review: Leopard Moon

Thursday, November 4, 2010

Review: The Oracle Of Dating

Title: The Oracle Of Dating
Series: The Oracle Of Dating # 1
Genre: Young Adult-Contemporary
Author: Allison van Diepen
Pubisher: Harlequin Teen
Release Date:  May 1, 2010
Book:  Netgalley


"No one at Kayla’s school knows she’s the famous Oracle of Dating—the anonymous queen of dating advice, given through her own Web site. Kayla doesn’t even have a boyfriend. Two relationship disasters were enough to make her focus on everyone else’s love life. But then her advice backfires on her own best friend. And Kayla starts to seriously obsess about Jared Stewart—the very cute, very mysterious new guy in school. Suddenly, the teen queen of advice needs her own oracle of dating--and she knows just where to find one... "
This was a very cute and funny read. I really enjoyed reading this book. And on the plus side, I learn a few new things.

Kayla has a secret. She runs her own web site, helping out other people by giving them advice in their relationship problem. Until that is she lets her own relationship problems get in the way of her work. And someone discovers her secret....

Kayla is very mature for her age. I love the rules she set up for herself in order to avoid confilt with her website. She reads a lot and has a very good open relationship with her mother. I love how she was able to talk to her and not be afraid. She was also this way with her sister.

I like the romance issue in this book. Everyone knows mixing work with relationship doesn't always flow well, but Jared is an acception. He was very smart and figure out things right away. I like his openedness towards her and how they were able to just be themselves with each other. With everything that Jared went through, he never allowed that to bring him down. He was a good student and worked hard.

I love that this book had some great relationship advice. I learned quite a bit and wish this book was published sooner when I need some advice. It had some curse words, talk about sex, etc

It was cute, fun, easy read.

I give it 4 BITES!


Happy Reading!

5 comments:

  1. This sounds cute. I would like to read about a teen who has a good relationship with her mother!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never heard of this one, thanks for sharing this review. Sometimes a cute, easy read is a welcome distraction from some more of the intense, dramatic reads. I'm glad Kayla is mature for her age, I've read some ones recently where the lack of maturity has bothered me, so she sounds refreshing:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I liked this one too.
    Not sure if you are signed up with Netgalley but they have the next book in the series "The Oracle Rebounds" up there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have seen the cover for this book around. It sounds like a fun, easy read, which exactly what I need right now.

    LOL

    Great review, glad you enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete

Hello lovely reader! Thanks for commenting! I enjoying reading what you have to say :) I have turn on the comment mod due to a large amount of spam. Thanks :)