Review: The Darkest Minds Review: Chasers Review: Cornered Review: Finale Review: Leopard Moon

Thursday, November 11, 2010

Review: Torment

Review: Torment
Series: Fallen # 2
Genre: Young Adult- Paranormal
Author: Lauren Kate
Published: Delcorte Press
Release Date: September 28, 2010
Book: Bought



"How many lives do you need to live before you find someone worth dying for? In the aftermath of what happened at Sword & Cross, Luce has been hidden away by her cursed angelic boyfriend, Daniel, in a new school filled with Nephilim, the offspring of fallen angels and humans. Daniel promises she will be safe here, protected from those who would kill her. At the school Luce discovers what the Shadows that have followed her all her life mean - and how to manipulate them to see into her other lives. Yet the more Luce learns about herself, the more she realizes that the past is her only key to unlocking her future...and that Daniel hasn't told her everything. What if his version of the past isn't actually the way things happened...what if Luce was really meant to be with someone else?"
Just when you think things start to get better, things get worse. A whole lot worse. And the thing about relationships is weird. You get to know someone, fall in love, and then BAM! Once you think you settled in, things are going fine, your significant others skeletons start coming out of the closet. What do you do? Who do you believe? Can you believe anything that he says to you after he lied for so long to you?

Poor Luce. This book was nothing but a downer. A major downer. I love it! There was so much drama, so many secrets, and so many new characters, I just had to keep in reading :)

We all know relationships can be hard. That is what Luce and Daniel experience. First, they fought for their love now they fight to stay together. I hate to say this, but why is it that guys always lie? Poor Luce finds out she had been lied too and now she goes off seeking the truth. I felt like alot could have been avoided, had Daniel been honest.

The relationship strained between Daniel and Luce played out well. All the stuff, secrets held back was wonderful. Absolutely delightful. I enjoyed watching not only Luce grow, but Daniel learned somethings the hard way as well.

The new characters in this book rock! I loved how the parts they played, played a significant role in Daniel and Luce's story. Now Daniel has some competition! I believe Luce intentions were well intended. Although I don't think she meant for it to happen that way, but it did. Now she'll have to figure things outs.

What I enjoyed most was Luce finally coming to her own. She always followed Daniel and his rules. Here, she finally breaks free of it, takes control and goes after what she needs. I love how she became strong in who she was. No matter how many times she almost got killed.

I give it 5 BITES!


Happy Reading!

8 comments:

  1. I'm nervous to read this one. I think after all the relationship drama in Crescendo I'm a bit skittish:) I'm glad to see there are other characters in the picture giving Daniel a run for his money though, that's always fun:) I'm still really looking forward to this one though, I just need to mentally prepare myself!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The new characters saved this book for me. I was really frustrated with Daniel, and I am hoping that Passion saves their relationship in my eyes. I love the idea of undying love, but I think they need something more in this life.

    Brandi from Blkosiner’s Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. Got to read this. Sounds too good to be true. Drama? Lot's of drama? OMG. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm Team Miles. I like how Torment ended, though. Luce needs a break from Daniel. I don't like him anymore...he's kinda mean. I wanted to see more of Luce's past, but the little bit she saw was saaaddd.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This sounds good, and I'm a big fan of surprise and drama, too, but I haven't read Fallen yet because I've heard some negative things about it, so I decided to wait.

    Do you have a review for Fallen up? Let me go look.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Savannah,
    Interesting review -- I find that a lot of YA is focusing on angels and the nephilim now, and translating this to the high school experience, which has potential, but I agree with Missie -- the premise sounds cool, but I've heard some negative things about "Fallen" as well :-S

    Looking forward to reading more reviews!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree with you when you say a lot of the drama could have been avoided if Daniel had just been honest with Luce. At times I found this very frustrating! But I did love this book and I can't wait for the next one in the series. I'm hoping it might answers some of my questions :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. coolk review! I have yet to read Fallen, but Im glad you enjoyed this one so much =D

    ReplyDelete

Hello lovely reader! Thanks for commenting! I enjoying reading what you have to say :) I have turn on the comment mod due to a large amount of spam. Thanks :)