Review: The Darkest Minds Review: Chasers Review: Cornered Review: Finale Review: Leopard Moon

Saturday, February 26, 2011

Review: Jane

Title: Jane
Series: No
Genre: Young Adult-Contemporary
Author: April Lindner
Publisher: Poppy
Release Date: October 11, 2010
Book: Bought



"Forced to drop out of an esteemed East Coast college after the sudden death of her parents, Jane Moore takes a nanny job at Thornfield Park, the estate of Nico Rathburn, an iconic rock star on the brink of a huge comeback. Practical and independent, Jane reluctantly becomes entranced by her magnetic and brooding employer, and finds herself in the midst of a forbidden romance. But there's a mystery at Thornfield, and Jane's much-envied relationship with Nico is tested by a torturous secret from his past."

I can't began to impress how much I loved this book. Not only did it give me butterflies but the way everything flowed was outstanding!

I loved Jane. She was such a humble person and I loved watching her fall in love with Nico. No matter how much it hurt to watch him with another girl Jane remained strong. She was the type of person who did not bring any other problems, her problems, etc to someone else. She was selfless. She did what he ask as her employer and did not let anything cross the line. I admired her strength and loved the way she watched everything Nico did. She was in love with him.

Now Nico I felt played her. Yes he genuinely liked her but he lied a lot. He was sweet and caring towards her. I wished he had been more open. I admired him as well. I understand the secret he kept and hurt with him. But in doing what he did for her was selfless too. He knew he done wrong and just wanted to make it up as much as he can. I loved that Jane was able to see past all of that.

The love that was between them was a endless, selfless love. The loved each other deeply and of course showed it every much. The secrets in the book were a big WOW! It hurt to learn them along with Jane but I think Jane has such a great heart it didn't matter.

Jane is an adoringly heart breaking book with great characters and writing. I could not put this book down. There was some cursing and a small sex scene.

I give it 5 BITES!


Happy Reading!





11 comments:

  1. I wasn't a fan of Jane Eyre but I think I may give this a go as it was my first classic and really long. Thanks for the review and I'm glad you enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Finally! A good review for this one! I love Jane Eyre, and I've been holding out to see a good review for this. I'm glad you enjoyed it, Savy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I LOVED this one! It was so, so, SO good! I'm glad you loved it too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yum, this sounds exactly like a book I want to read!!! I love the "butterfly" feelings.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah, I can't wait to get my hands on this one! For some reason I just really, really want to read it. I didn't like Jane Eyre at all though, had to force myself to get to the ending...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I cannot wait to read this book--Even more so now that I've read your review. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I love ANYTHING Jane Eyre like

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've read a lot of mixed reviews on this one, but I'm still interested in reading it, mainly because Jane Eyre is one of my all-time favorite classics! It's on my to-read list, but I think I'm going to check and see if the library has it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm a Jane Eyre fan and so I've been wanting to read this one. So glad you enjoyed it. Thanks for the great review!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice review hon! This looks like a good read =D

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've really been interesting in reading this one for a while. Endless, selfless loves are so magical to read about and I'm glad you can still be surprised by a retelling. Great review. Thanks Savy.

    ReplyDelete

Hello lovely reader! Thanks for commenting! I enjoying reading what you have to say :) I have turn on the comment mod due to a large amount of spam. Thanks :)