Review: The Darkest Minds Review: Chasers Review: Cornered Review: Finale Review: Leopard Moon

Thursday, April 7, 2011

Review: The Abused Werewolf Rescue Group

Title: The Abused Werewolf Rescue Group
Series: No
Genre: Young Adult-Paranormal
Author: Catherine Jinks
Publisher: Harcourt Children's Books
Release Date: April 4, 2011
Book: ARC sent by publisher


"I still hadn't fully absorbed the terrible possibility that I might actually be a werewolf. A werewolf. I kept stumbling over that word; it made no sense to me. How could I be a werewolf? Werewolves didn't exist.

When Tobias Richard Vandevelde wakes up in hospital with no memory of the night before, his horrified mother tells him that he was found by the police. At Featherdale Park. In a dingo pen.
As if that isn't weird enough, suddenly a very menacing looking guy and a priest show up at his door.

As the mystery unfolds, Toby finds himself keeping company with some very strange and sickly looking people - members of a suburban vampire support group. And when he's abducted in broad daylight, he will need all their help to break free ... and to come to terms with his own incredibly rare condition."


This book is great, fun easy read. It's one of those books that you know whats going on but its easy just to sit back and enjoy it. What I like most about the book was the characters. You felt Toby's animosity toward him finding out what he was. I think for once it was good to see a characters really reject and have a hard time coming to see what he was until it was too late. Toby rejections was also funny at the same time. I love how he always made sarcastic comments to make him feel better. It made me laugh a long with him too. 


The plot was similar one but the twist of a underground werewolf fighting ground made it much better. I felt for the wolfs who had no idea what had happen. They felt lost and confused. I am glad that a group came together to rescue the wolfs who were taken and help them come back to who they are. Some were so lost into fighting they were animals even without their changes.


My only gripe, is the plot. It was slow to start off with. Also there was a lot of back round information that need to be said in order for the reader to find their place and understanding in the book.


I give it 4 BITES!




Happy Reading!



5 comments:

  1. I never made it to the end. Maybe it picked up later but I just couldn't get that far. I really enjoyed her first book about Vampires so I was looking forward to this one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hm. Seems like this one is a bit difficult to get into with the slow beginning. Looks like if you stick it out though it's pretty enjoyable:) Thanks Savy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the review! I'm glad it picks up. I'm a thriller movie kinda gal so I love fast-paced.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was hoping that it was funny. Too bad it was slow at the start. Great review as always!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love snarky characters and Toby definitely sounds like he is. Great review Savy :)

    ReplyDelete

Hello lovely reader! Thanks for commenting! I enjoying reading what you have to say :) I have turn on the comment mod due to a large amount of spam. Thanks :)