Review: The Darkest Minds Review: Chasers Review: Cornered Review: Finale Review: Leopard Moon

Saturday, June 11, 2011

Review: He's So Not Worth It

Title: He's So Not Worth It
Series: He's So/ She's  So Trilogy # 2
Genre: Young Adult- Contemporary
Author: Kieran Scott
Publisher: Simon and Schuster
Release Date: June 7, 2011
Book: Galley Grab


"Ally Ryan, come on down to the Jersey Shore and forget your troubles!
Have you recently been humiliated in front of your friends and family at your former best friend's birthday party? Was your almost boyfriend partly responsible for that humiliation by withholding some vital information about where your estranged father is? Did you come home to find said estranged father sitting on your stoop? 

If so, then it sounds like you could use a vacation! The Jersey Shore is the place to be. Your mother may be living with her boyfriend of only a few months, but at least the stunt Shannen pulled has put some of your friends back in your court. Even so, you're still angry and what better way to get over Jake than to blow off some steam with local guy, Cooper? People will hardly recognize your new attitude, but the old one wasn't getting you anywhere, so who cares! 

Jake Graydon, an exciting opportunity is waiting for you in the service industry!
Are your grades so low your parents have grounded you for the summer? Did you the girl you really like unceremoniously leave you behind? Would you rather eat dirt than see your friends again? Then a job at the local coffee shop is just the ticket! Surprisingly, Ally's father is the new manager so you get to be reminded of her nearly every day. Maybe it's time to start flirting with your best friend's ex or even taking school a bit more seriously. Especially when you finally see Ally and she's hanging around with some loser and it's couldn't be more clear that she is over you. 

Have a great summer!"

Now, I have not read the first one, but after reading this book, I most definitely will. Not only was this book good, but it was intriguing! I loved reading every minute of it!

If one thing I adore about books is feeling the feelings of the characters. I know it may seem odd when I say this, but if abook can give me an emotionally roller coaster, I love you! And in this book I felt everything as well as understood. Ally has been through so much. I totally got her feelings. I felt her anger and sadness. And I think the way she responded to things is a way any teenager would.

But what got me angry was everyone disregard to her feelings. Everyone saw her what was happening to her and no one cared to think about how she was feeling. They were all worried just about themselves. Even her mother made me want to slap her. Her mother, of all people should be there for her daughter. She was going through some tough things, it was no wonder she was drinking and partying. Her mother blatant disregard for the daughter, made me shake my head. I mean really chick, it's not all about you!

The love interest in this book was interesting. There was lots of held back feelings and many untold secrets. I like how everything unfolded little by little. Yow weren't bombarded by anything, but you were shocked by many unexpected things! I adored watching the characters not only learn from their mistakes but grow more as person.

The ending! AGHHHH! The ending was just AGHHHHHHH! I will not say, but yes! Major Cliffhanger! When I was done, I was like,"OMG! No Freaking way!" Then my husband shushed me cause I really loud, LOL! Any way, this is a  great book! *There was some cursing, underage drinking, and major making out.*

 I give it 5 BITES!


Happy Reading!


2 comments:

  1. Awesome!Glad you liked it!I got She's So Dead To Us this week and I'll pick up He's So Not Worth right after.
    I already love Kieran's writing as Kate Brian(Private is one of my favourite series) so it's most likely I'll love this one too!
    Great review :)

    ReplyDelete

Hello lovely reader! Thanks for commenting! I enjoying reading what you have to say :) I have turn on the comment mod due to a large amount of spam. Thanks :)