Review: The Darkest Minds Review: Chasers Review: Cornered Review: Finale Review: Leopard Moon

Sunday, June 26, 2011

Review: Legacy

Title: Legacy
Series: Legacy # 1
Genre: Young Adult-Fantasy/Historical Romance
Author: Cayla Kluver
Publisher: Harlequin Teen
Release Date: June 21, 2011
Book: Netgalley


 "The first boy disappeared on the day of his birth, on a night when the pale yellow moon of the nighttime sky turned red and bathed the heavens in the ghastly color of blood, on the same night the Kingdom of Cokyri abruptly ceased its merciless attack. 

Across the land of Hytanica, under the shadow of the crimson moon, infant boys continued to vanish. Not until the blood had faded from the sky did the disappearances stop and the bodies of the murdered infants were found outside the gates of the city, a final word from the greatest enemy Hytanica had ever known. For the next sixteen years, peace reigned, but one mystery remained unsolved. The Cokyrians had abducted forty-nine newborns, but returned only forty-eight bodies. Now, as seventeen-year-old Princess Alera of Hytanica is besieged from all sides by suitors vying for the Throne, a teenage Cokyrian boy, Narian, is encountered within the walls of her Kingdom, a boy who will show Alera a world where women serve a purpose and not just a husband. As Narian helps Alera find her voice, she struggles against an arranged marriage that will shatter the life she has scarcely begun to live. And when Narian's shocking past is uncovered, and war with Cokyri looms once more, he must fight to defy a fate ordained at his birth."

What really got me about this book is the great pacing of it. As you read it, everything is given to you little by little so you are not left behind or given too much. You were given just enough to keep you entertain in the book and never bored.

The storyline for one is awesome! The reader is immediately put into a town that had a bad history. I really loved it when a book starts off with a great history not only to the characters but the story as well. I love how well the story just kept on going with so much information that you just devoured it. There was so much to read. All the information based on the city, the king, their kingdom was cool.

Alera is a strong characters. She comes off as fresh yet she is her own self. She knows what is expected of her but want to follow her heart. I loved Alea attitude with things. At times she was so dramatic it made me laugh. She is very insightful about things and is selfless.

The love interest was good but had me confused at times. I was so sure that when I started reading that there was something about London, but no, I was wrong. Which I like cause Ms. Kluver really kept me on my toes. Nothing was predictable in this book. Nothing. The love interest played well with the history of the kingdom and really escalated  into an awesome forbidden love.

Legacy is a great historical book with a great plot line. I enjoyed reading every single word in that book. It made me smile, laugh, and most of all, made me feel the story. Ms. Kluver writing was easy to read so you fell into the story quickly.

I give it 5 BITES!


Happy Reading!


6 comments:

  1. Hm. Why was the love interest confusing? I'm really curious about this one, I've read mixed things, but it seems like an overall good read:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing today - peaked my curiosity for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 5 bites? Yay! I've been really interested in this one since I first heard about it. I love the whole high fantasy aspect. The YA genre is focusing so much on UF and PNR lately, that's it nice to see a little something different thrown in the mix. I'll have to check this one out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been skeptical about this, but you've helped me decide to put it on my to-read list, so I'll be eagerly anticipating it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't read a historical book in a very long time. This one sounds really good so I might just have to add it to my list. Great review!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've seen mixed reviews of this one, but it seemed to me because they thought it was one type of book and then was another. The confusing aspect to the romance is worrisome, but with 5 bites... not so much. :)

    ReplyDelete

Hello lovely reader! Thanks for commenting! I enjoying reading what you have to say :) I have turn on the comment mod due to a large amount of spam. Thanks :)