Review: The Darkest Minds Review: Chasers Review: Cornered Review: Finale Review: Leopard Moon

Monday, July 11, 2011

Review: Dead Spell

Title: Dead Spell
Series: No
genre: Young Adult- Paranormal
Author: Belinda Frisch
Publisher: Createspace
Release Date: March 14, 2011
Book: e-book sent by author


"17-year-old Harmony Wolcott is slowly succumbing to the haunting darkness of a forgotten memory. Afraid to ask for help or admit what's happening to her and around her, Harmony looks for the truth while trying to escape what it's done to her family.

Dead Spell is about a ghost with a past and a girl that would die to forget it."

This book automatically started with a punch. Opening scene of a crazy girl was just grabbing at you. As  I continued to read I saw the world in a whole new way.

I think the craziness of this book it was got me hooked. Seeing ghost, going crazy, is a great plot line. But I had a hard time connecting with the main character Harmony. I saw that she had a troubled life but the way she went about it made me shake my head. I understood that she is trying to get away from certain things, but still some of it is too much. I did, however connect more with Brea her friend. I loved this girl . She is the type that  I want for a best friend. Someone loyal, trusting , and always there for you.

The whole plot line of the ghost I did enjoy. I like seeing how the ghost drove someone crazy. As the reader continues to read, you began to see how everything is connected. That right there gave me some serious goosebumps. I mean, it was just freaky. Playing with the Quijia board is not cool people!

The love interest in the story drove me mad. Here this girl had such a great guy and she just threw him away! I mean, really chic! I think the way it played out with all of the characters involved it did bring more to the story.

Overall, this is good book to read. But beware there is a whole lot of freaky ghost and messed up stuff going on. *There is sex, cursing, drinking, and drugs.*

I give it 3 BITES!

Happy Reading!

2 comments:

  1. Great review Savy! I hate it when I don't connect or really like the main character. It is the most important element of a story for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh this sounds wonderfully creepy. I don't like that you don't connect to the main character, but it's good that you connected to her friend. Hm... might have to check this book out!

    ReplyDelete

Hello lovely reader! Thanks for commenting! I enjoying reading what you have to say :) I have turn on the comment mod due to a large amount of spam. Thanks :)