Review: The Darkest Minds Review: Chasers Review: Cornered Review: Finale Review: Leopard Moon

Monday, July 25, 2011

Review: Pariah

Title: Pariah
Series: Issue # 1
Genre: Young Adult- Fantasy
Author: Aron Warner
Publisher: Sea Lion Books
Release Date: July 2011
Book: E-Copy sent by publisher


"Brent Marks is not a freak. He is one of the Pariah, a group of teens who become extremely intelligent after being cured of a genetic disorder. Although in most ways a normal teen, Brent is considered dangerous and is tracked down by the government who see these kids as an enormous threat. Can he evade them? What do they have planned for Brent and the others?"





Every once and a while I pick up graphic novels cause I love the feel of them. I like to see the pictures and it gives me a better picture of the story. This story is great. I loved the opening of the book cause immediately we the reader are thrown in Brent's world and see who he becomes.

The plot line of this book is really engaging and easy to get into. We seem changes happen in the world, and what Brent  does. Brent is your normal teenager struggling with a crush and dealing with the fact that he is not a freak. So many changes happen to Brent that he is overwhelmed and unsure what do to. I really like it when an author thinks out of the box and creates something new, like Vitros. I really loved the idea of it and how Ms. Warner portrayed the characters. Plus the fact that it is in the future (dystopian) I really got into it quickly.

The action in the graphic novel doesn't really start until the book is over. Which was my only gripe about the book. I was getting into it and hoping for more, then it was over. But it did leave me hanging for more. I can't wait to get my hands on the next book!

If you like graphic novels, dystopian, and something different, unique, pick up this book. It is a great enjoyable fantasy read that will leave you hanging and wanting the more. The world of Vitros is where you want to be and Brent is a friend you want to have. Great read! Super excited to read the next book!

I give it 5 BITES!

Happy Reading!



4 comments:

  1. I have yet to read a graphic novel, but I always like picking up something completely different from the books I usually read, it's refreshing to take a break sometimes:) Too bad all the good stuff didn't start until it was over, hopefully all that good stuff will start right at the beginning of the next book:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds so good, but I may wait for the second to hit this one. I also love the cover (I like the sketchy quality of it). Sounds good and I wonder if they could cure me of my allergies (hey... it's a genetic disorder!) so I can have a brain that rocks! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't think I've read a dystopian graphic novel before, but this one sounds really interesting. The artwork definitely catches my eye and the story sounds interesting. Thanks for the rec!


    Smiles!
    Lori

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really should try a graphic novel someday haha I think the lack of action till the end would bug me, but I'm glad you enjoyed it Savy! Great review :)

    ReplyDelete

Hello lovely reader! Thanks for commenting! I enjoying reading what you have to say :) I have turn on the comment mod due to a large amount of spam. Thanks :)