Review: The Darkest Minds Review: Chasers Review: Cornered Review: Finale Review: Leopard Moon

Thursday, July 28, 2011

Review: Sapphique

Title: Sapphique
Series: Incarceron # 2
Genre: Young Adult- Dystopian
Author: Catherine Fisher
Publisher: Dial
Release Date: December 28, 2010
Book: Bought

"Finn has escaped from the terrible living Prison of Incarceron, but its memory torments him, because his brother Keiro is still inside. Outside, Claudia insists he must be king, but Finn doubts even his own identity. Is he the lost prince Giles? Or are his memories no more than another construct of his imprisonment? And can you be free if your friends are still captive? Can you be free if your world is frozen in time? Can you be free if you don't even know who you are? Inside Incarceron, has the crazy sorcerer Rix really found the Glove of Sapphique, the only man the Prison ever loved. Sapphique, whose image fires Incarceron with the desire to escape its own nature. If Keiro steals the glove, will he bring destruction to the world? Inside. Outside. All seeking freedom. Like Sapphique."


I admit that I am disappointed in this book. I was hoping for something more but all I got was a repetitive book.

First off the plot, its basically the same. In the first book they are trying to get out of Incarceron and in this one they are trying to get back in. I kept getting frustrated cause I wanted more to happen. All the characters fought the same. Love triangle began. And I had a hard time keeping focused cause of the repetitive story line.

There were however, a few new elements in the book but it wasn't till the very end. Some new changes were made that at least perk up my interest and was able to finish the book. Also because of the new changes, I am anxious to see how it will effect the next book.

As a fan of the first book, I am a little bummed that this book wasn't at all what I expected.  I am hoping the next book with the new changes really grabs me. I still love the series, but I just needed something more.

I give it 3 BITES!

Happy Reading!


4 comments:

  1. Oh that is disappointing Savy. I hate it when a second book doesn't live up to the first book. Great review though :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Nic, I know. I was super disappointed cause I thought it be epic.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh shoot. I do need to read the first one still, but was hoping for a fantastic series. I think I'll still read the first one tho.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with you on this one. I think I liked it a little better than you, but I was still disappointed. Incarceron was so much better.

    ReplyDelete

Hello lovely reader! Thanks for commenting! I enjoying reading what you have to say :) I have turn on the comment mod due to a large amount of spam. Thanks :)