Review: The Darkest Minds Review: Chasers Review: Cornered Review: Finale Review: Leopard Moon

Saturday, August 6, 2011

Review: Original Sin

Title: Original Sin
Series: Personal Demons # 2
Genre: Young Adult- Supernatural
Author: Lisa Desrochers
Publisher: Tor Books
Release Date: July 5, 2011
Book: Finished copy sent by publisher
"Luc Cain was born and raised in Hell, but he isn’t feeling as demonic as usual lately—thanks to Frannie Cavanaugh and the unique power she never realized she had. But you can’t desert Hell without consequences, and suddenly Frannie and Luc find themselves targeted by the same demons who used to be Luc’s allies.

Left with few options, Frannie and Luc accept the protection of Heaven and one of its most powerful angels, Gabe. Unfortunately, Luc isn’t the only one affected by Frannie, and it isn’t long before Gabe realizes that being around her is too…tempting. Rather than risk losing his wings, he leaves Frannie and Luc under the protection of her recently-acquired guardian angel.

Which would be fine, but Gabe is barely out the door before an assortment of demons appears—and they’re not leaving without dragging Luc back to Hell with them. Hell won’t give up and Heaven won’t give in. Frannie’s guardian exercises all the power he has to keep them away, but the demons are willing to hurt anyone close to Frannie in order to get what they want. It will take everything she has and then some to stay out of Hell’s grasp.

And not everyone will get out of it alive."

To begin with, this book is completely dynamic. Over the top, can't stop reading this book dynamic. Once I started this book and fell into the story, I could not gather myself to get out. I was stuck inside an amazing world that only got better and better as I continued to read!

The characters in the book go through some major changes. Lots of feelings changed, secrets were revealed (loved those) and betrayals were made. The main character, Frannie has grown up a lot. She doesn't see the world the way she used to. Her eyes have been open and she is much more weary of things than before. I like that cause now she is not as naive. Both Luc and Gabe played a huge part in who Frannie is becoming. They both made sacrifices to get where she needs to be even if it hurts them.

The secrets in this book are so juicy, I can hardly stop gasping. Let me tell you that Ms. Desrochers sure does know how to pull one over her readers head. Never in my life, have I been so shocked by a book before. If you read the first book, these secrets do give some insight on questions I have been wondering. Ms. Desrochers writing is perfect in describing the characters emotions. I love it when an author can pull you into the characters shoes feeling everything that they are going through. The author definitely made the book easy for you to understand as well as get into.

There is no secret that there is a love triangle going on here. Ms. Desrochers made it extremely entertaining. It is easy to fall in love with these two boys! Luc and Gabe fight for Frannie. The tension between Frannie/Luc and Frannie/Gabe is so strong, you feel like your in a hot tub. There are some betrayals in this book that I never thought would happen. Friends who aren't what they say they are.

A sinfully delicious book, Original Sin will ensnare you like no other book has. With lots of mythological creatures and hot boys, you will fall in love with this book.

*sexual tension/sex (implied)*

I give it 5 BITES!

Happy Reading!









7 comments:

  1. Glad you enjoyed this one! I didn't much like the first book in the series so I didn't pick up this one. I've been reading lots of good reviews, though! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd love to read this book, a lot of people seem to really like it! On the other hand, I'm a little wary of starting a new series - I won't read anything else then! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loving the sound of this book, might have to go seeking for the first one and check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I simply loved the first book, and have waited impaitiently for this one to get published :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh goody! Glad you liked it. I have this one and the second one. I heard some mixed reviews on it, but after reading your thoughts, I'm going to push this up in my TBR pile.

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Leanna, You should! So much more drama!

    @Nickola, Yeah sometimes I like to wait till the series is over to read them all at once. If not, I hate waiting between books!

    @Lola, Thanks :)

    @Holly, You'll love every moment of it!

    @Adalat, Can't wait till you read it!

    @Midniyte, YAY! I hope you like it as much as I do!

    ReplyDelete

Hello lovely reader! Thanks for commenting! I enjoying reading what you have to say :) I have turn on the comment mod due to a large amount of spam. Thanks :)