Review: The Darkest Minds Review: Chasers Review: Cornered Review: Finale Review: Leopard Moon

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Review: Truth or Dare

Title: Truth or Dare
Series: No
Genre: Young Adult- Contemporary
Author: Various YA Authors
Publisher: Running Press Kids
Release Date: May 10, 2011
Book: Sent by publisher
"Truth & Dare is a collection of short stories confirming the truth we all know-- high school is painful--and written for those who dare to be different. These edgy short stories are told from the point of view of the quirky, cool, but not necessarily popular teens, who are dealing with all the pressures of growing up--school, friends, music, relationships, parents, and just plain fitting in.
This collection features some of the hottest writers in the teen genre, including: Jennifer Boylan, Sarah Rees Brennan, Cecil Castellucci, Emma Donoghue, Courtney Gillette, A.M. Homes, Jennifer Hubbard, Heidi R. Kling, Jennifer Knight, Michael Lowenthal, Liz Miles, Saundra Mitchell, Luisa Plaja, Matthue Roth, Sherry Shahan, Gary Soto, James St James, Shelley Stoehr, Sara Wilkinson, Ellen Wittlinger, and Jill Wolfson."

One thing I enjoyed about this book is the variety in it. There is all sorts of love and heart ache in it. Lots of strong characters becoming weak. And weak characters becoming strong. Some stories made me angry while others made me happy. I loved the writing flow of the stories. I also wondered if some of the stories in the book would make it into full books. I would love to see more of how the characters progressed.

One thing I didn't really like is that there are some stories that are really graphic. I would recommend this book for 18+. Overall, it's a great book with loads of new authors I have not heard of. I look forward to reading more of the new authors work as they have caught my eye!

I give it 3 BITES!

Happy Reading!


5 comments:

  1. What a lovely title of this book and really i like this one..Register Domain

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like an interesting bunch of stories but I don't think it is my type of read. Great review Savy :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haven't heard of this anthology before but sounds like worth checking it.Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You always have something new and interesting for me to try Savy! I like finding new authors and anthologies are always a good way to do that:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think this would be a good one for kids dealing with teenage problems. Sounds like they would get a whole bunch of different perspective in a short time. So interesting.

    ReplyDelete

Hello lovely reader! Thanks for commenting! I enjoying reading what you have to say :) I have turn on the comment mod due to a large amount of spam. Thanks :)