Review: The Darkest Minds Review: Chasers Review: Cornered Review: Finale Review: Leopard Moon

Friday, September 23, 2011

Review: Whisper

Title: Whisper
Series: Whisper # 1
Genre: Young Adult- Supernatural
Author: Phoebe Kitanidis
Publisher: Blazer + Bray
Release Date: April 27, 2010
Book: Bought

"I’d love a cup of coffee. I wish she knew how pretty she was. I wish I could drop this kid in the dryer sometimes. I just want her to be happy. I hope she didn’t find out what Ben said about her. I wish I knew how many calories were in a bite of muffin…

Joy is used to hearing Whispers. She’s used to walking down the street and instantly knowing people’s deepest, darkest desires. She uses this talent for good, to make people happy and give them what they want. But for her older sister, Jessica, the family gift is a curse, and she uses it to make people’s lives—especially Joy’s—miserable. Still, when Joy Hears a frightening whisper from Jessica's own mind, she knows she has to save her sister, even if it means deserting her friends, stealing a car and running away with a boy she barely knows—a boy who may have a dark secret of his own."


Right from the very first page, I devoured this book till the very end. If one power I would love to have, the ability to hear one thoughts I would want. There are so many elements in this book that really hooked me as the reader and did not let me go.

The main character of this book, Joy is a perfectly written character. Things are hidden from her right from the start, so she quickly learns that all she knows are lies. I loved that Joy took matters into her owns hands to find out what is really happening. She is much stronger than what she gives herself credit for. And she is selfless. Even when hearing such bad thoughts, she did more for others than herself.

I also enjoyed the progression of her powers. I really love how Ms. Kitanidis, showed the reader her powers grow. The reader is taken back by the immense power that Joy carriers within herself. When her full power is finally out, I like how the reader is too bombarded with thoughts everywhere. Ms. Kitanidis, really made the reader feel the story as well as the feeling of being in it. The love interest is also great! I am really happy that Joy found someone to confine in. With all those thoughts flowing through her mind, its great to have her find some peace.

This book blew me away, that I need more! I can't wait to see what Ms. Kitanidis writes next. The characters, plot line, all elements in the book really made for a fast entertaining read. What to really get into someone's head? Then read this book!

I give it 4 BITES!

Happy Reading!


9 comments:

  1. I've never heard of this book before, but it sounds amazing! Thank you for sharing. :)

    Carina @ Fictional Distraction

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow this sounds neat. It's the first I hear of it. I'd love to be able to hear thoughts as well!!

    Giselle
    Xpresso Reads

    ReplyDelete
  3. This one sounds good! I remember there was a lot of blogger buzz around it last year, but I never got around to reading it...well, not yet!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh it sounds great, I think It's an interesting ability too, We wonder what thinks the other persons every day, so why not. thanks for the review

    ReplyDelete
  5. The title treatment on this cover with the smoke/mist is really gorgeous. You've managed to put another book on my radar that I've never heard of, thanks Savy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. There is no way I'd want the power to hear a person's thoughts. I can hardly manage my own. LOL

    Love the cover. And when you said that you devoured this book, I had to laugh because you devour all your books. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I wouldn't want to hear other's thoughts. I think it would be creepy. Plus hearing all the stuff people wouldn't act upon. *shiver* I do find it interesting in a book tho and so I am curious! I need to check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This sounds great! I have never heard of this book before, but the minute I get my check I am going to get this book. I have always thought about having this kind of power and the negative affects of having it(weird I know). It's nice to see a book that will be talking about it and bonus there is a little bit of romance!

    I am posting my interview with Luke Geraghty author of "Torrodil" I would love it if you would stop by.

    Katie from http://curseofthebibliophile.blogspot.com/?zx=5e4ec452169738bc

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds awesome! I would love to have the power to hear the thoughts of others. I would be totally bad. I'm already so curious.

    ReplyDelete

Hello lovely reader! Thanks for commenting! I enjoying reading what you have to say :) I have turn on the comment mod due to a large amount of spam. Thanks :)