Review: The Darkest Minds Review: Chasers Review: Cornered Review: Finale Review: Leopard Moon

Thursday, October 20, 2011

Review: Deadly Cool

Title: Deadly Cool
Series: Deadly Cool # 1
Genre: Young Adult- Mystery/Thriller
Author: Gemma Halliday
Publisher: HarperTeen
Release Date: October 11, 2011
Book: ARC sent by publisher

"First I find out that my boyfriend is cheating on me. Then he’s pegged as the #1 suspect in a murder. And now he’s depending on me to clear his name. Seriously?
As much as I wouldn’t mind watching him squirm, I know that he’s innocent. So I’m brushing off my previously untapped detective skills and getting down to business. But I keep tripping over dead bodies and I’m still no closer to figuring out who did it. And what’s worse: all signs seem to point to me as the killer’s next victim.
I really need to pick a better boyfriend next time."
I must say that this book is not what I expected though it keep me on my heels throughout the whole story. I love following along with the main character, Hartley, solving a crime that no one seems to see right under their nose.

The plot line of this book left me giddy. Ms. Halliday did a great job creating a great mystery yet something accessible. I could see this plot really playing out in really life. Ms. Halliday gives the reader clues to piece by piece dragging them through the whole.

The main character Hartley, is a girl I would love to be friends with. Loyal to the end, despite the betrayal she pretty much does anything she can to help. She's not one to leave them on their own but she made she they knew exactly where they stand. I love how she got help and snooped around.

The whole motive of the story is good. I liked how Ms. Halliday unfolded it slowly before the readers eyes. I, myself, was dying to find out who the murder is. I tried to think but nothing came to mind. And when I finally found out, it made sense. Bravo, Ms. Halliday!

If you want to solve a mystery, one depicted of purity and embarrassment, Deadly Cool will give you a great scandalous mystery to solve!


I give it 4 BITES!


Happy Reading!

5 comments:

  1. Sounds great. I like books that feel like they could be real. So many are interesting but not something you could ever see happening in real life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to read this book!
    The cover looks great :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, the plot line sounds great! I can't wait to read this one. I've been reading positive reviews.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You know with the blurb I wasn't too sure about this one. However this is the second review that really enjoyed this book. I am so rethinking it and I think I will put this one on the wishlist.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have this on the Nook, I need to get to it. It sounds so interesting, I've heard great things about it. Great review =)

    ReplyDelete

Hello lovely reader! Thanks for commenting! I enjoying reading what you have to say :) I have turn on the comment mod due to a large amount of spam. Thanks :)