Review: The Darkest Minds Review: Chasers Review: Cornered Review: Finale Review: Leopard Moon

Monday, October 3, 2011

Review: Stork

Title: Stork
Series: Stork # 1
Genre: Young Adult- Fantasy
Author: Wendy Delsol
Publisher: Candlewick
Release Date: October 12, 2010
Book: Bought

"Family secrets. Lost memories. And the arrival of an ancient magical ability that will reveal everything.

Sixteen-year-old Katla LeBlanc has just moved from Los Angeles to Minnesota. As if it weren’t enough that her trendy fashion sense draws stares, Katla soon finds out that she’s a Stork, a member of a mysterious order of women tasked with a very unique duty. But Katla’s biggest challenge may be finding her flock at a new school. Between being ignored by Wade, the arrogant jock she stupidly fooled around with, and constantly arguing with gorgeous farm boy and editor-in-chief Jack, Katla is relieved when her assignment as the school paper’s fashion columnist brings with it some much-needed friendship. But as Homecoming approaches, Katla uncovers a shocking secret about her past — a secret that binds her fate to Jack’s in a way neither could have ever anticipated. With a nod to Hans Christian Andersen and inspired by Norse lore, Wendy Delsol’s debut novel introduces a hip and witty heroine who finds herself tail-feathers deep in small-town life."

I can not believe that I did not read this book sooner! It was sooo good that I read it under a few hours!!

What I loved about this book is the uniqueness of it. I loved how  Ms.Delsol is able to bring to life a classic tale that has been passed on through generations. Ms. Delsol story immediately grabs the reader and taking them on a ride of a life time. Ms. Delsol also presents some great back round history to the book that is does not drag it down. It gives way more to the story and brings the characters to life before the readers eyes.

The love interest in this book just gave me a happy grin! I love watching the love unfold before my eyes. Whats more is that i Love how Ms. Delsol took another classic tale and weaved it in with the Stork tale. Well done Ms. Delsol. I would have never though this much out of the box, but the love interest really intrigued me and held me there.

This story over all is great! I loved reading every moment of it but most of all I love the uniqueness of it. Such freshness to a story makes me want to read more! Her characters, plot, and attention grabbing details ensnares the reader to continue on till there is no more. I can't wait to read the next book!

I give it 5 BITES!


Happy Reading!








7 comments:

  1. I'm so glad to hear this is a good one! I bought it during the Borders sale and I've been staring at it for awhile. I haven't heard ANYTHING about it ANYWHERE so I was worried! Glad to hear it's a good one :) Thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds like a good one - very unique story & a great cover!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've heard the BEST things about Stork, but I still haven't read it! I do own it though...one of these days :) You used the word "love" a lot! You must really, really, really like this one :) I use love constantly when I like a book this much!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow all I hear are good reviews on this book/series. I haven't read it yet either I think I will sooner rather than later! Great review.

    Giselle
    Xpresso Reads

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like this is something different than the typical paranormal. The synopsis doesn't grab me for some reason, but your review makes me want to read it more.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I bought Stork a few weeks ago and after reading your review I want to read it even more. Sounds amazingly unique.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I have had this one on the wishlist for a while now. Sheesh. You'd think I don't have any books (SO not true... LOL). Oh this does sound so good and I know the second one is out, right? Oh another series you have me drooling over Savy!!

    ReplyDelete

Hello lovely reader! Thanks for commenting! I enjoying reading what you have to say :) I have turn on the comment mod due to a large amount of spam. Thanks :)