Review: The Darkest Minds Review: Chasers Review: Cornered Review: Finale Review: Leopard Moon

Sunday, November 6, 2011

Review: The Next Door Boys

Title: The Boys Next Door
Series: The Boys Next Door # 1
Genre: Young Adult- Contemporay
Author: Jolene B. Perry
Publisher: Cedar Fort
Release Date: October 4, 2011
Book: Netgalley

"With her body still recovering from last year's cancer treatments, Leigh Tressman is determined to be independent. Despite the interference from her overprotective brother, physical frustrations, and spiritual dilemmas— not to mention the ever expanding line of young men ready to fall in love with her— Leigh discovers what it actually means to stand on her own and learns that love can be found in unexpected but delightful places."



This book took my breathe away. If anything bad were to happen to me, I would want faith like this. To hold on to something and not loose sight of it. To just be comfortable with how I am and where I am going is something I adore. I love that Leigh's faith didn't waver. She is beyond her years and I can learn so much from that.

I am going to start with the ending. Yes, I am going backwards. I loved the ending. Not because it was a happily ever after, but a new beginning. Hope after something greatly lost. I loved that the ending gave a great defining that if you keep your faith, pray consistently, what you pray for will come to pass.
The love in this book gave me many happy tears. I loved that it not only grew over time, but became so much more than what is expected. Leigh knows wants what she can't have, yet God answers her prayers to something better. Something more. I love that Leigh learn a great lesson in faith and in love.

The plot line gave me such great chills that I just wanted to start from the first page and read again. I just can't explain how much this book really touched my heart. I adore everything in it. Plus, really I am this type of person. I love to see happy endings and dreams come true.

I recommend you read this book if you love a book with a tragedy but a hopeful ending. Ms. Perry did a great job in capturing the characters feelings and letting the reader feel them. This is a book of a kind of faith I want to have. Read it. You'll love it.

I give it 5 BITES!

Happy Reading!



7 comments:

  1. Oh wow I had no idea this would sound so good. I had read the blurb before on Netgalley but it didn't really interest me much. Your review has though!!

    Giselle
    Xpresso Reads

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was immediately saved on my TBR. I didn't think anything of this book, at first, but now I'm happy to have come across such a glowing review!

    - Asher (from Paranormal Indulgence)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds a bit like a tearjerker...but in a good way. I need to mentally psych myself up to read books like this, but it's usually so worth it when I find one like this.

    Thanks for the rec!


    Smiles!
    Lori

    ReplyDelete
  4. SO glad to hear you enjoyed this one! I loved it as well, and love Jolene! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Savannah -
    You just totally made my day.

    Thank you SO much for taking the time to read and post a review here.

    Hi Steph :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. This sounds really good. Seems like an emotional read, something that I would be able to connect with though. Thanks for the review.

    ReplyDelete

Hello lovely reader! Thanks for commenting! I enjoying reading what you have to say :) I have turn on the comment mod due to a large amount of spam. Thanks :)