Review: The Darkest Minds Review: Chasers Review: Cornered Review: Finale Review: Leopard Moon

Thursday, November 24, 2011

Review: The Promise

Title: The Promise
Series: No
Genre: Young Adult- Fantasy/Paranormal
Author: Apryl Baker
Publisher: Black Matrix Publishing
Release Date: September 1, 2011
Book: E-Book sent by author

"Cassie Jayne Bishop grew up in the sleepy town of New Salem, NC, the only non-believer in the tradition and power of the town Coven. When a stranger comes to New Salem, everything she thought was normal about her life unravels around her. Ethan makes her question everything, even her sister’s death in a car crash years ago. As Cassie discovers the full truth about her heritage, and the clues start to pile up, she becomes determined to find out if the Coven was actually involved in her sister's death. What she uncovers terrifies her.
Her fate lies at the very heart of the secret the Coven protects. It’s the reason she was born. Now, betrayed on every side, can she find a way to survive or will she be the catalyst that triggers a centuries old act of vengeance."

 Witches. Magic. Curses. Three things I love to read in a book. Not only did the plot line ring me in right away, but he kept me thoroughly entertained.

I like that immediately the reader is hit by lost. The reader feels the deep emotions of a lost loved one followed by trailing of journal entries, mysterious dreams, etc. I like how all of these elements lead the reader to dark past full of secrets and a curse. The way the plot line unfolded, kept me happy. Reading every twist and turn of the book left me delving farther into the realm of the unknown curse.

The love interest isn't really as presentable as I wanted it to be. I would have love to read more into these characters and see their love flourish. On the upside, I did like how the book concentrated more on the real story on the book. The impending curse and how to stop it. Their was lots of actions and lots of brought up past hurt. The main character Cassie really grows as she searches the past of the coven to find out what when wrong.

This is a strong, fast paced book that you will want to read. Full of excitement and adventure, The Promise is a great teen witch novel. Dark and very enticing, this is a promise of a great series.

I give it 4 BITES!

Happy Reading!



2 comments:

  1. Ooh I love witches too! Never heard of this book before though but it sounds like a lot of fun. I love fast paced books. And even if the love interest is not that great I don't mind I find it's refreshing actually. Great review Savannah!!

    Giselle
    Xpresso Reads

    ReplyDelete
  2. OoOo this sounds like another good one! I'll have to add it to my list =) I love a book that goes into detail and history!
    -Shellie

    ReplyDelete

Hello lovely reader! Thanks for commenting! I enjoying reading what you have to say :) I have turn on the comment mod due to a large amount of spam. Thanks :)