Review: The Darkest Minds Review: Chasers Review: Cornered Review: Finale Review: Leopard Moon

Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Review: Angel In The Storm

Title: Angel In The Storm
Series: The Angel # 2
Genre: Young Adult- Christian/Fantasy
Author: Lisa Grace
Publisher: Kindle Edition
Release Date: June 30, 2011
Book: E-copy sent by author

"Max, Megan’s younger brother, is missing. He’s been sold to human traffickers in New Orleans by the evil angel Judas. Megan is soon arrested and charged with her missing brother’s murder. The only way to clear her name is to find Max. With the help of Johnny, who is a good angel, and her friends, Megan is soon on the run in a desperate attempt to find and rescue Max.

When Judas offers her an impossible choice— how can Megan choose? The battle continues as lives are threatened and lost, not only by the rising waters of a hurricane, but in a climatic confrontation with Judas, and some will not make it out alive…"

Now this book I enjoyed. Following where the last book left off, this book dives in a war that has been battled since the beginning of time. A war for souls, salvation, and life.

Now what I loved about this book is we see the main character Megan fall more. Her faith is rattled and this times she make mistakes as all Christians make. Even I, a Christian makes mistakes everyday. I say something wrong, do something wrong, but every time I fall, I rely on God's grace to get me through those times. Megan begins to rely on God and not on herself. Many times we think we can do it all on our own and the truth is, we can't. We need help and God's grace.

The plot line of this book didn't waver in as much action as I wanted it to be but still gave a pretty good read. Megan's brother is captured, now Megan must bargain with evil to find where he is at. I like that Megan is pressed into a hard wall. The story line felt much more realistic as we deal with all kinds of uncertainties everyday. And the best part is, when Megan's faith began to fall, God shows up and did some great miracles.

I really enjoyed this book better than the first book. Megan's characters isn't as perfect (no Christian is) but she uses God's word and held on to the faith. A great Christian read that had an great ending leaving me excited for the next book.

I give it 4 BITES!

Happy Reading!


3 comments:

  1. Isn't "evil angel" an oxymoron? :-)
    It's nice reading books about characters who make mistakes and then recover. It feels real.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it when a second book surpasses the first. Especially when the characters rock. So glad you enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lol @ Alison's comment. Evil Angel is a bit ironic. I haven't heard of this series before though. It's not often than a sequel is better than the first and i'm tempted to give these a try!

    Giselle
    Xpresso Reads

    ReplyDelete

Hello lovely reader! Thanks for commenting! I enjoying reading what you have to say :) I have turn on the comment mod due to a large amount of spam. Thanks :)