Review: The Darkest Minds Review: Chasers Review: Cornered Review: Finale Review: Leopard Moon

Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Review: Destined

Title: Destined
Series: House of Night # 9
Genre: Young Adult- Paranormal
Author: P.C./Kristin Cast
Publisher: St. Martin's Griffin
Release Date: November 8, 2011
Book: FC sent by publisher

"Zoey is finally home where she belongs, safe with her Guardian Warrior, Stark, by her side, and preparing to face off against Neferet – which would be a whole lot easier if the High Counsel saw the ex-High Priestess for what she really is. Kalona has released his hold on Rephaim, and, through Nyx's gift of a human form, Rephaim and Stevie Rae are finally able to be together – if he can truly walk the path of the Goddess and stay free of his father's shadow…

But there are new forces at work at the House of Night. An influx of humans, including Lenobia’s handsome horse whisperer, threatens their precarious stability. And then there’s the mysterious Aurox, a jaw-droppingly gorgeous teen boy who is actually more – or possibly less – than human. Only Neferet knows he was created to be her greatest weapon. But Zoey can sense the part of his soul that remains human, the compassion that wars with his Dark calling. And there’s something strangely familiar about him…

Will Neferet’s true nature be revealed before she succeeds in silencing them all? And will Zoey be able to touch Aurox’s humanity in time to protect him – and everyone – from his own fate? Find out what’s destined in the next thrilling chapter of the House of Night series."

I have been following this series since the beginning. I remember reading this book in college and really enjoying it.  It entertained me and always kept me on my tip of my toes. This is book number 9 in the series. And it follows where it has left off. 

I like to talk about the changes in the series that I for one, like in this book. One change is Eric. I always had a book crush on Eric Knight and it was good see him back in the book. The reader gets a good insight on what Eric has been doing lately. He is now a marker for the school and meets a new gal. And you know what? I like her. She is sweet, funny, and sarcastic. Another change is the twins. Erin and Shaunee. I was surprised to see these two finally separate. Yes, it really did happen!

There is no surprised that Zoey is still dealing with the bad chic (Neferet) and the bad guy still (Kalona). Zoey now has new responsibility and to me it seems like it is going to her head.

Again, this series is the same as the others. Same drama, more boys, more fights and more trouble within the circle.

I give it 3 BITES!

Happy Reading!


6 comments:

  1. I want to read this book. It reminds me of Morganville Vamps in the sense that it's fun addicting mind candy. At least that's what I presume it to be.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hm. I stopped reading this series a few books ago, mostly for the reasons you stated above that it's pretty much the same drama and same story book to book. I really enjoyed the first books though, and I'm hoping maybe something major happens in one of these later books to make me want to read them again:) Thanks for the review Savy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I still have to catch up on this series, I'm only on book 6. I own the rest of the books so I just need a push to get started back up with the story.

    Thanks for the great review. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have not tried this series. Sounds cute, but I get frustrated with series for the "sameness." Probably the same reason I can't watch soap operas.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I read the first books but then dropped out due to huge review pile. This one is in it and I'm hoping I don't miss to much by jumping around. Sounds okay, but sort of the same. Perhaps I won't feel the same? LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't read this series, I won this book in a giveaway but it's just sitting there =/
    -Shellie

    ReplyDelete

Hello lovely reader! Thanks for commenting! I enjoying reading what you have to say :) I have turn on the comment mod due to a large amount of spam. Thanks :)