Review: The Darkest Minds Review: Chasers Review: Cornered Review: Finale Review: Leopard Moon

Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Review: First Frost

Title: First Frost
Series: Mythos Academy 0.5
Genre: Young Adult-Paranormal
Author: Jennifer Estep
Publisher: Kennsington Books
Release Date: July 1, 2011
Book: Amazon

"I am Gwen Frost, and I have a Gypsy gift. It's called psychometry - that's a fancy way of saying that I see images in my head and get flashes of other people's memories off almost everything I touch, even guys.

My gift makes me kind of nosy. Okay, okay, maybe a lot nosy--to the point of obsession sometimes. I want to know everything about everyone around me. But even I don't want to know the secrets my friend Paige is hiding or the terrible loss that will send me to a new school - Mythos Academy, where the teachers aren't preparing us for the SATs, but to battle Reapers of Chaos. Now I have no friends and no idea how my gift fits in with all these warrior whiz kids. The only thing I do know is that my life is never, ever going to be the same. . ."


This is a short story of the beginning of Gwen Frost. I loved this book cause it gave a better insight on Gwen and her gift. The reader meets Gwen as we first see her powers come into play. I really adored that the setting is in the past so the reader for the first first time gets to see Gwen's mom.

I feel the story gives a great back round history to Gwen and her life. I loved that while it was filled with he discovery of her power, it also foreshadowed the dark future that Gwen will be facing.

If you have not picked up this series you should. This is a great short story that sets the tone for a great series that I know everyone will enjoy!

I give it 5 BITES!

Happy Reading!



5 comments:

  1. I still need to read this one, I so adore Gwen and company! I like the idea of learning more about Gwen's gift, it's one that would be both really cool to have and really difficult to have at the same time:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just started the first book in this series. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wasn't impressed by the short story preceding this one but I loved The Elemental Assassin series. I guess I'll give this a try!

    Lisa O. @ The Nocturnal Library

    ReplyDelete
  4. OoOo I didn't even know about this, awesome. I'll have to read this before the first one then huh?
    -Shellie

    ReplyDelete

Hello lovely reader! Thanks for commenting! I enjoying reading what you have to say :) I have turn on the comment mod due to a large amount of spam. Thanks :)