Review: The Darkest Minds Review: Chasers Review: Cornered Review: Finale Review: Leopard Moon

Sunday, January 29, 2012

Review: The Dirt

Title: The Dirt
Series: No
Genre: Young Adult-Contemporary
Author: Lori Culwell
Publisher: Booktrope Editions
Release Date: November 22, 2011
Book: FC sent by author

"Lucy Whitley cannot wait to get out of Palm Desert. It’s not a place for a frizzy-haired science nerd, particularly when her fashion-obsessed older sister Sloane is the head of a clique of pretty girls who rule the school – and practically the whole town.

Fortunately, life is about to change forever. Lucy’s dad is getting re-married, and then she can transfer to a boarding school in Connecticut, escaping all the mean girls and the endless whispers about the Whitley family scandal. Everything is going to be perfect – as long as the wedding goes smoothly."

In the words of Edward Cullen,"What's a wedding without some family drama?." DRAMA! Who doesn't love drama!! I liked that the start of this book it filled with angst. 

What I liked most about this book is the great drama. Sibling rivalry, a lost daughter and mom, and just a family trying to move on from the hurt in their lives. I adored reading from Lucy point of view seeing that she is not like her other sisters. Lucy is a great character that is coming of age to understand things. I liked that she is swayed by beauty or money.

The plot of the book is also great! I loved seeing the sisters fight. But what I especially loved is the new sister coming in to play. I hadn't expected that!! The dirt that comes out from the family and what the family does is a good read. I like the dad is doing his best for his family. Being a single parent is hard. I loved that he remained with his family no matter what.

This book is good drama and a fast read. If you want some family drama, good sister fighting and secrets exposed left and right, read this book.


I give it 4 BITES!

Happy Reading!



3 comments:

  1. Ah family drama, I have enough with my sister as it is LOL. I hadn't heard of this but may have to add it to my ever-growing-hope-I'll-one-day-finish-it list!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like a book with some good drama, especially a fast read! Great review!

    ReplyDelete
  3. If the author has sisters, this must have been kind of cathartic for the author to write! Sounds like a fun read.

    ReplyDelete

Hello lovely reader! Thanks for commenting! I enjoying reading what you have to say :) I have turn on the comment mod due to a large amount of spam. Thanks :)