Review: The Darkest Minds Review: Chasers Review: Cornered Review: Finale Review: Leopard Moon

Monday, February 27, 2012

Review: A Beautiful Evil

Title: A Beautiful Evil
Series: Gods & Monsters # 2
Genre: Young Adult-Paranormal
Author: Kelly Keaton
Publisher: Simon Pulse
Release Date: February 1, 2012
Book: ARC sent by publisher
"Myth and mayhem inhabit a richly reimagined New Orleans in this sequel to Darkness Becomes Her.After the epic graveyard battle at the end of Darkness Becomes Her, Ari and her friends know what they’re up against: Ari is facing the Medusa curse and is haunted by the image of what she will become. To make matters worse, the heinous goddess Athena has kidnapped young Violet and is threatening to destroy Ari.
Ari, along with the superhot Sebastian, is doing everything she can to learn more about Athena and to get Violet back. But the battle of good and evil is bigger than she realizes, and she’s about to be pulled into a world more horrific than she could ever imagine...."

 I was so excited when this book came to my doorstep! Not only was it a surprise but I knew I would love it! Sure enough, this book captured me gluing my eyes to the pages.

What I liked most about this book is the characters growth in the book. I love it when an author can change a character so significantly right before your eyes. Ari is now in training and learning to use her powers. I loved that Ari had to be pushed, that so she can break that human barrier. I still love that Ari is so determined. It really showed Ari heart in who she is meant to be.

The love interest really tore at my heart. Though I did love the struggle in it. Ari fought for who she loved and even made some really tough decisions. Despite what is done to her, she made sure everyone is taken care of before herself. While her selflessness is admiring, it is also her very weakness.

There were also a few plot surprised that really took me by surprise. I love that Ms. Keaton drew me so much into the book that I didn't even realize what is coming at me. The plot pacing with every turn of the page is perfect!!

A Beautiful Evil is an undeniably entertaining story. A fast moving driven action drama, Ms. Keaton present a great sequel. A  fresh, invigorating spin on Greek mythology, A Beautiful Evil leaves you jaw dropped!

I give it 4 BITES!

Happy Reading!



1 comment:

  1. I haven't read the first in this series but have been hearing good things about it so maybe I'll have to pick it up one day.

    ReplyDelete

Hello lovely reader! Thanks for commenting! I enjoying reading what you have to say :) I have turn on the comment mod due to a large amount of spam. Thanks :)