Review: The Darkest Minds Review: Chasers Review: Cornered Review: Finale Review: Leopard Moon

Thursday, March 22, 2012

Review: After The Snow

Title: After The Snow
Series: No
Genre: Young Adult- Dystopian
Author: S.D. Crockett
Publisher: Feiwel & Friends
Release Date: March 27, 2012
Book: ARC sent by publisher

"Fifteen-year-old Willo was out hunting when the trucks came and took his family away. Left alone in the snow, Willo becomes determined to find and rescue his family, and he knows just who to talk with to learn where they are. He plans to head across the mountains and make Farmer Geraint tell him where his family has gone.

But on the way across the mountain, he finds Mary, a refugee from the city, whose father is lost and who is starving to death. The smart thing to do would be to leave her alone -- he doesn't have enough supplies for two or the time to take care of a girl -- but Willo just can't do it. However, with the world trapped in an ice age, the odds of them surviving on their own are not good. And even if he does manage to keep Mary safe, what about finding his family?"

Beginning this book, I found it to be unique. Once thing that made me fall in love with this book is the need for survival. In times likes these, you must do things you thought you never do to survive. Reading about this young man and his struggle to live is fascinating. Willo changes drastically with a short period with all that he has been through.  

The plot line is steady and slowly builds up to a great turn of events at the end. I especially enjoyed reading Willo change before my eyes. He was guarded, determined, had plans, then made a friend. With simple friendship he soften up and looked at things differently. 

There was no love interest, however I did admire his loyalty. Even when secrets where expose, he kept his word at what he said. And for me, loyalty goes a long way. The dialogue of this book is so unique. I love a new take on language. And with the great world building the new dialogue just flows.

After The Snow is an  profoundly moving story that keeps you entertain. It illuminates the world so that the reader feels the cold seeping through the pages. After The Snow is truly a good read!

I give it 4 BITES!

 Happy Reading!


3 comments:

  1. Great review! I'll definitely have to check this one out - thank you for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. New dialogue? That has me curious despite the fact that there's no love interest in this book. I always like a little romance while I'm reading, I can't help it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh this sounds more like a thriller. I don't mind missing romance in those. I'll have to check this one out!

    ReplyDelete

Hello lovely reader! Thanks for commenting! I enjoying reading what you have to say :) I have turn on the comment mod due to a large amount of spam. Thanks :)