Review: The Darkest Minds Review: Chasers Review: Cornered Review: Finale Review: Leopard Moon

Thursday, March 8, 2012

Review : Glimmer

Title: Glimmer
Series: No
Genre: Young Adult- Paranormal
Author: Phoebe Kitanidis
Publisher: Balzar + Bray
Release Date: April 17, 2012
Nook: ARC sent by author

"What if you forgot your identity and had to rely on other people to tell you who you were?

And what if to discover your true self, you first had to unravel a mystery so big and terrifying you were not sure you’d survive solving it?


When Marshall and Elyse wake up in each other’s arms with zero memory of how they got there or who they are, it’s the start of a long journey through their separate pasts and shared future.

Terrified by their amnesia, the two make a pact to work together to find the answers that could jog their missing memories. As they piece together clues, they discover they’re in the idyllic mountain resort town of Summer Falls, where everyone seems mysteriously happy, but as Marshall and Elyse quickly learn, darkness lurks beneath the town’s perfect facade. Not only is the town haunted by sinister ghosts, but none of its living inhabitants retain bad memories of anything—not the death of Marshall’s mom, not the hidden shame in Elyse’s family, not even the day-to-day anguish of high school.

Lonely in this world of happy zombies, Marsh and Elyse fall into an intense relationship...but the secrets they uncover could be the death of this growing love—and the death of everyone, and everything, they love in Summer Falls."

Why can't there be more out-of-the-box amazing stories like this one? I adored it. Just the beginning of a confusing mess  turn into magic makes me giddy!

I really enjoyed the unique plot line. As much as I love paranormal books, some times the plots line bore me. I want some thing new other than vampires, werewolves, etc. Now this book, gave me what I want. A fresh, unique bold plot line. First off, let me just say that I enjoyed this plot line because it was some thing new I never read before. I liked that intensity that that plot gives. With each new chapter, pieces of their identities are found, more memories of their past unlocked. I was completely hooked by the end of chapter one.

The characters in this book really played two different roles. The lives that they lived and the lives that they wanted. I think the back story to both characters is very fulfilling for the reader. With each new memory restored, the reader gets to see what life these characters were living. To see what they suffered under a new light left me heart broken.

The love interest played out well. Two broken people wanting something new. Everything they did under the radar to help each other out, really help love form between them. I adored their will to change what they can and free people. They had some peaceful moments within their times of trouble. It brought the right amount of balance to the book.

Glimmer is an daring, dark story of magic gone wrong. In it's breathtaking artistic expression, stepping into Summer Fall's will make you forget everything you thought you know. Glimmer opens your eyes to the dangerous things unseen.

I give it 5 BITES!


Happy Reading!



5 comments:

  1. This one is on my to read list too it does sound original and I've been hearing that a lot so I def. plan to read it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hee hee... a "fresh" zombie book?

    Oh and you sold me on the romance angle. I really have to read this one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm super excited for this book! It's been burning a hole on my wish list for awhile. So glad to see that you enjoyed it =) Just makes me want it even more!

    Kristan @ Lost Amongst the Shelves

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVED this one. Like you said it's a wonderful change from the reg paranormal, werewolf, vampire...ect. Thank you again <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am ambivalent with getting this one though. But it is refreshing though because somehow this is a utopian book. This book had me curious! Hmmmm.... Thank for this positive review! :D

    ReplyDelete

Hello lovely reader! Thanks for commenting! I enjoying reading what you have to say :) I have turn on the comment mod due to a large amount of spam. Thanks :)