Review: The Darkest Minds Review: Chasers Review: Cornered Review: Finale Review: Leopard Moon

Thursday, March 1, 2012

Review: Goddess Interrupted

Title: Goddess Interrupted
Series: The Goddess Test # 2
Genre: Young Adult-Paranormal
Author: Aimee Carter
Publisher: HarlequinTeen
Release Date: March 27, 2012
Book: Netgalley

"Kate Winters has won immortality.

But if she wants a life in the Underworld with Henry, she’ll have to fight for it.

Becoming immortal wasn’t supposed to be the easy part. Though Kate is about to be crowned Queen of the Underworld, she’s as isolated as ever. And despite her growing love for Henry, ruler of the Underworld, he’s becoming ever more distant and secretive. Then, in the midst of Kate’s coronation, Henry is abducted by the only being powerful enough to kill him: the King of the Titans.

As the other gods prepare for a war that could end them all, it is up to Kate to save Henry from the depths of Tartarus. But in order to navigate the endless caverns of the Underworld, Kate must enlist the help of the one person who is the greatest threat to her future."

Give me a second while I picked up my mouth from the floor. Yup, you guess it. This book is jaw dropping. Let me tell you this. It has only been a few days since I read this book and STILL I can not get it out of my mind. I'm driving in the car and BAM, I'm thinking about Henry and Kate. So good!

Why did I love this book so much? The plot. The plot is written so well that you can do nothing but fall into it. I loved being a part of this world while reading it. To learn more about Kate, her life, her feelings. It's amazing how well Ms. Carter makes you feel as if you are the character in the book.

The characters in this book are amazing. So much growth, learning, and experience in the characters is amazing to see. I really enjoyed seeing and feeling all the emotions of the characters. That's is another thing that got my hooked. The FEELINGS! OMG! I was happy, then sad, then distraught, then raging mad, then sad again, I mean...WOW! Amazing feelings and so much character in the character.

That is all I am going to say before I ruin it for everyone. So without further ado, here is the bottom line:

READ IT!

Goddess Interrupted is a monumental tale of Gods, love and power. The raw majesty of writing alone makes this book unstoppable. The unrelenting plot is instantly unforgettable and undeniable. The short-lived thrill of the book is not enough for me. I.WANT. MORE.
 A beautiful delight, Goddess Interrupted is an mythological epic that I can read over and over again!

I give it 5 BITES!


Happy Reading!




9 comments:

  1. I still have to read the first book of this it sounds so good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now I must read series!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This one definitely spanned the full emotional spectrum, I was all over the place while reading it too:) I had some trouble with Kate in this one, but the story is just so enjoyable that I can't help but have fun reading even with my issues!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jenny, YES! OMG! I loved it! Every page had me so excited!!!

      Delete
  4. Oh SWEET! I have this one on my review tbr and I really can't wait to get to it now. Oh you have me so excited for so many books!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hahahaha Wow. This one did not hit me as jaw-dropping. More as fly-swatting, maybe. I love the idea, so I'm sticking with the series, but I REALLY wanna see some guts in our girl Kate!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really enjoyed this one as well and the ending OMG O_O can't wait to read the last in the series

    ReplyDelete

Hello lovely reader! Thanks for commenting! I enjoying reading what you have to say :) I have turn on the comment mod due to a large amount of spam. Thanks :)