Review: The Darkest Minds Review: Chasers Review: Cornered Review: Finale Review: Leopard Moon

Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Review: Life Is But A Dream

Title: Life Is But A Dream
Series: No
Genre: Young Adult- Contemporary
Author: Brian James
Publisher: Feiwel & Friends
Release Date:  March 27, 2012
Book: Netgalley

"Sabrina, an artist, is diagnosed with schizophrenia, and her parents check her into the Wellness Center. There she meets Alec, who is convinced that it's the world that's crazy, not them. But when Alex starts to convince Sabrina that her treatment will wipe out everything that makes her creative, she worries she'll lose hold of her dreams and herself."

WOW! This is another "its so crazy its brilliant" type of book. I wasn't sure what I was expecting. I just knew this book intrigued from the synopsis and knew I wanted to read it.

This book. It's crazy!!! I really loved it. What I like most about this book is the great character Sabrina. There is a reason I love to read. I love to read to be able to get into another person's mind. And being in Sabrina's mind really made me wonder. I love that my imagination ran rapid in this book. To see things that way Sabrina saw it, really awed me.

The plot of the book is simple yet complex. Sabrina is learning to deal with everyday life in her own mind. I like that the reader see her every struggle and how she got there. In college I studied Psychology so for me this book is a great insight of what goes on in the minds of those who have Schizophrenia.

I am a bit disappointed in the love interest. I was expecting a bit more but still liked it. My favorite part is how Sabrina saw the change in him. To see things the way she did kept me intrigued and entertained.

Life Is But A Dream is so crazy its beautiful! Unable to put it down, Life Is But A Dream will take your imagination to heights to you never been to!

I give it 4 BITES!

 Happy Reading!





6 comments:

  1. Great review! I really need to check this one out, it definitely sounds interesting. Thank you for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's too bad the romance aspect wasn't quite as interesting, but I love books where I'm in the mind of the protagonist trying to find my way through all the stuff they have going on in there:) Looking forward to this one Savy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great review I just finished this one last night and it was alright but I didn't love it. I was kid of bored for a bit. I also agree about the love interest.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh and it's about creativity too. Oooh you have me wanting this one. Too bad about the love interest, but I can see how hard it would be to have a believable one in this type of story.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've seen this around. Glad that you enjoyed it. Boo for the love in the story though, I'm always a sucker for the love <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ahhhh, this book was on my Waiting on Wednesday. I love the cover and the summary. I need.to.read.it.

    & I'm a new follower ^^

    ReplyDelete

Hello lovely reader! Thanks for commenting! I enjoying reading what you have to say :) I have turn on the comment mod due to a large amount of spam. Thanks :)