Review: The Darkest Minds Review: Chasers Review: Cornered Review: Finale Review: Leopard Moon

Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Review: The Night She Disappeared

Title: The Night She Disappeared
Series: No
Genre: Young Adult-Mystery/Thriller
Author: April Henry
Publisher: Henry Holt for Young Readers
Release  Date: April 10, 2012
Book: Netgalley

"Gabie drives a Mini Cooper. She also works part time as a delivery girl at Pete’s Pizza. One night, Kayla—another delivery girl—goes missing. To her horror, Gabie learns that the supposed kidnapper had asked if the girl in the Mini Cooper was working that night. Gabie can’t move beyond the fact that Kayla’s fate was really meant for her, and she becomes obsessed with finding Kayla. She teams up with Drew, who also works at Pete’s. Together, they set out to prove that Kayla isn’t dead—and to find her before she is."

This is another book I've read this week that really caught me off guard. It was so entertaining from the first page.

What I like most about this book is the plot line. Super engaging and easy to get into, Ms. Henry write an amazing plot line. I really enjoyed the point of view switches between the main characters. It flowed nicely between chapters and really gave the reader a much better insight on what is happening from all sides. I like the mystery that is behind the whole disappearance. Even see the angle from the kidnappers point of view raised the hair on my neck!

The characters of this book are what really glue this book together. I liked seeing them struggle with "What if" questions and going through, "Who is it?" mode.  I like that both characters are from two different sides of the street. Reading about them coming together to save their friend and their selves, is very gripping. 

There was a bit of romance that really caught me off guard. I always enjoy that peace the characters can get from each other when some thing really bad is happening. The love interest gives the right balance for the book.

The Night She Disappeared is a tense and thrilling story. Your eyes will be glued to the book with many unexpected plot twist and turns. Excitingly suspenseful, The Night She Disappeared is incredible!  

I give it 4 BITES!

 Happy Reading!




6 comments:

  1. OoOo I saw this on netgalley but wasn't sure if I wanted it or not but after reading this it sounds like a good read. I will have to wait a bit for it but I'll get to it =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm always that person that asks "what if", so I like when I see that same quality reflected back at me in fictional character form. Sounds like this is a hugely entertaining read, and it's always fun to be pleasantly surprised when reading!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Where do you find the time to read all these amazing books, and keep track of them. LOL

    I'm in awe of you, Savy.

    I'm all for a romance that catches you a bit off guard, so thanks for letting me know about this book.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wouldn't have expected any romance! Oh and I wanted a mini cooper... I may change my mind after reading this book. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh awesome I just got this one in the mail today and I hadn't seen many reviews on it. It sounds really good and I love multiple POVs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. i just want to say a big thank you to dr ikuku for what he has done for me,He brought back the man i loved and cherish with all my heart,A man who left me for another woman for good 3years,with 2 kids,i just decided to check some spell caster's But all kept deceiving me,Until i meant Dr ikuku,Who told me everything will be over i taught he was also a scam,until he told me that my ex will be back in 2days time.Am so grateful today that my ex is back to me and we are happy and he always wanna be by my side,I will advice you people not to fall in the wrong hands but to contact dr ikuku who his trustworthy and straight forward,You can contact him via mail ikukutempleofsolution@gmail.com or cell number +2348034458597

    Name:Janet krizia

    Country Usa

    ReplyDelete

Hello lovely reader! Thanks for commenting! I enjoying reading what you have to say :) I have turn on the comment mod due to a large amount of spam. Thanks :)