Review: The Darkest Minds Review: Chasers Review: Cornered Review: Finale Review: Leopard Moon

Sunday, March 11, 2012

Review: The Temptation

Title: The Temptation
Series: Kindred # 1
Genre: Young Adult- Paranormal
Author: Alisa Valdes
Publisher: HarperTeen
Release Date: April 24, 2012
Book: ARC sent by publisher

"His touch was electric.
His eyes were magnetic.
His lips were a temptation....
But was he real?

After crashing her car on an empty highway, Shane is miraculously saved by Travis, a mysterious cowboy who walks out of nowhere. She is instantly attracted to him, and for the first time, she believes in “soul mates.” But Shane soon discovers that Travis is dead and that strict rules from the Underworld govern kindred spirits of different dimensions. Breaking these rules could destroy both their souls. And while Travis is almost impossible to resist, temptation proves to be the kindest enemy they encounter.

Can true love surpass the power of pure evil? Part love story, part supernatural thriller, this first book in the Kindred trilogy will leave readers lusting for more!"

A good ghost story I always adore to read. And this story, it  hooked me. I love the intense plot line and a love that grows before your eyes.

What I liked most about this book is the plot line. I fell in love with another series similar to this one. A ghost who is fighting evil and finds his kindred. I love this types of plot line cause of the redemption in it. Travis was unable to move on cause of the bad things he done. By doing good things he is making his way back to where he needs to be. I like that the plot pacing is monumental. Nothing is giving away too fast yet the reader is given the right information at the right time.

The characters of the book I like. Each unique and bold, Travis is my favorite. I am interested in his past and what his future holds. Shane is another character that quickly caught my eye. You can definitely tell she is not the same even before the accident. I like the change she endured after the accident and how she held on to what she knew. 

The love interest in the book is no surprise however, I did enjoy their passion. I can really tell while reading this book the deep love that they felt for each other. The constant sacrifices for each other made it quite clear that this was no ordinary love but something extraordinary!
The Temptation is romantic and entertaining. Beautiful and heart warming, there is no amount of dark that can over power their love. The Temptation is an increasingly passionate story that leaves you satisfied.

I give it 4 BITES!


Happy Reading!






2 comments:

  1. This does sound good. I'll have to add this one to my list as well. Great review. I haven't read too many 'ghost' books w/love interest so this sounds really good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved it! Ghost stories especially ones with soul mates always capture me. I hope you get to read it!

      Delete

Hello lovely reader! Thanks for commenting! I enjoying reading what you have to say :) I have turn on the comment mod due to a large amount of spam. Thanks :)