Review: The Darkest Minds Review: Chasers Review: Cornered Review: Finale Review: Leopard Moon

Saturday, March 24, 2012

Review: War of the Fae: Book 1 - The Changelings

Title: The Changelings
Series: War of the Fae # 1
Genre: Young Adult- Fantasy
Author: Elle Casey
Publisher: Self Published
Release Date: February 5, 2012
Book: E-ARC sent by  Whats Your Story Book Tours


"Jayne Sparks, a potty-mouthed, rebellious seventeen-year-old and her best friend, shy and bookish Tony Green, have a pretty typical high school existence, until several seemingly unrelated incidents converge, causing a cascade of events that change their lives forever. Jayne and Tony, together with a group of runaway teens, are hijacked and sent into a forest, where nothing and no one are as they seem. Who will emerge triumphant? And what will they be when they do?"

Everyone knows how much I love fae books. So when this book feel upon my hand, I knew i had to read it. 

Alright, I going to start off this review differently and say that the potty mouth main character Jayne, left me in hysterics. I could not for the life of stop laugh. Every smart remark, every snort, every innuendo made me laugh so much. And this is why I liked the book. For me this book was funny. Others might not see it as funny, but I did.

The plot line was okay but I felt like it needed a little more answers. For me, too much was pushed too quickly and I didn't really get to grasp the whole concepts. Still, I was able to enjoy the book

There is really no love interest but I can definitely see one forming. I really loved reading this friendship grow. It's rare to find a friend who can put with all you do and still be there for you.

I would not recommend this book to young teen. 18+. Mostly cause their is a lot of crude humor in it.

Overall, The Changeling is a good read. Nothing fast but nothing slow either. It's predictable yet engaging.

I give it 4 BITES!


Happy Reading!



4 comments:

  1. Great review, I love a character with crude humor C: Glad you enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love books with humor! They're a welcome break from the ones that take themselves too seriously, hah. Sounds like this was a fun one. :)

    Wendy @ The Midnight Garden

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the review! Appreciate you taking the time and glad you enjoyed the book. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't read any fae books (I know, I know!) But this does sound like a very good one to start with. I love my snarky characters with humor in there! I'll have to add this to my ever growing list!

    ReplyDelete

Hello lovely reader! Thanks for commenting! I enjoying reading what you have to say :) I have turn on the comment mod due to a large amount of spam. Thanks :)