Review: The Darkest Minds Review: Chasers Review: Cornered Review: Finale Review: Leopard Moon

Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Reivew: Jaguar Sun

Title: Jaguar Sun
Series: Jaguar Sun series # 1
Genre: Young Adult- Paranormal
Author: Martha Bourke
Publisher: Balam Press
Release Date: January 3, 2012
Book: E-book sent by author


"DECEMBER 21, 2012 Will that fateful day destroy our world, or did the Mayans have something else in mind?
Maya Delaney knows. Unfortunately.

Maya Delaney is just an average sixteen-year- old. She’s busy dealing with exams, her soon to be ex-boyfriend and fitting in. But Maya’s got bigger problems. She’s hiding a major secret from her dad and having strange visions she can’t control. In her struggle to figure out who she is, she learns that she is meant to fulfill an ancient Mayan Prophesy and bring forth a New Age on earth. Will the spirit magic Maya wields be enough to defeat Toltec, an evil society bent on keeping her from her destiny? Or will that destiny destroy her?"

One thing I love about stories is shape shifters. I love the tales of them, the rules, and the world building in this book. It definitely took me by surprise of how much I liked this book.

What I liked most about this book is the world building. I like the way the rules of the shape shifters were, the cults, and of course mixing it in with some real facts made the story much more intriguing. 

The characters of the book had much growth in them. I adored how each characters were able to lean with what they are and help each other out. The loyalty that stem out of them is amazing. To see them work together to fight against darkness is great!

I loved the love interest! Why: For once, I can read a story with a love with no love triangles! YES! At first I was wondered that it would go that way, but I loved that it didn't. These two stuck by each other through thick and thin. My only gripe was bot being able to see their relation ship fully from the past. I would love to know more about them and how they got together in much more detail.

Jaguar Sun is a great tale the spans generations of history. It's filled with loads of ancient language, facts, and action. If you want a story about shape shifters and a great love, read this!

I give it 4 BITES!

Happy Reading!



2 comments:

  1. Oh I also love shifter tales. You know I love character growth! No love triangles! YaY! This one sounds like a good read.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read it a few weeks back and I loved it!! I'm actually NOT a fan of shifter books, but I enjoyed Jaguar Sun as it was so much more :)

    ReplyDelete

Hello lovely reader! Thanks for commenting! I enjoying reading what you have to say :) I have turn on the comment mod due to a large amount of spam. Thanks :)