Review: The Darkest Minds Review: Chasers Review: Cornered Review: Finale Review: Leopard Moon

Saturday, April 21, 2012

Review: The Lost Code

Title: The Lost Code
Series: The Atlanteans # 1
Genre: Young Adult- Fantasy/Paranormal
Author: Kevin Emerson
Publisher: HarperCollins
Release Date: May 22, 2012
Book: ARC sent by author


"WHAT IS OLDEST WILL BE NEW, WHAT IS LOST SHALL BE FOUND.

The ozone is ravaged, ocean levels have risen, and the sun is a daily enemy. But global climate change is not something new in the Earth’s history.

No one will know this better than less-than-ordinary Owen Parker, who is about to discover that he is the descendant of a highly advanced ancient race—a race that took their technology too far and almost destroyed the Earth in the process.

Now it is Owen’s turn to make right in his world what went wrong thousands of years ago. If Owen can unlock the lost code in his very genes, he may rediscover the forgotten knowledge of his ancestry…and that less-than-ordinary can evolve into extraordinary."

This book really captured me. I love a book when I can get into the adventure within the plot and follow along with the characters. If you thought this book was just another story, think again.

What I adored about this book is the amazing plot line. The history of the Atlanteans, the secret maps, the codes to a long lost civilization, I fell into this plot quickly. I like that is plays fast in the plot so that the reader is immediately hooked.  The story has so many elements in the plot line mixing them up to make one fantastic story.

The characters of the book are another great addition to the story. Each character plays a bigger role than expected. I loved that everything about the characters is kept secret so than even the readers are out of the loop along with the characters themselves. The characters grew fast in the knowledge that they gained, and quickly learn to survive.

The love interest is a small developing part of the story but one that I truly enjoyed. Innocent love between the characters is amazing. I love the small smiles, the wide eyes, and the sweet innocence that comes in their kiss. It's one of those loves that you just have to aww at!

The Lost Code is an entertaining adventure that keeps the reader hooked till the last page.  The compelling narrative that is exciting and solid, The Lost Code creates a story beyond the pages. The sheer adventure of looking for clues made me feel like I was in an Indiana Jones movie! The Lost Code is a rich, fantasy adventure that anyone can read.

I give it 5 BITES!

Happy Reading!




6 comments:

  1. Great Review! This book looks like one worth reading

    ReplyDelete
  2. tnx 4 the review
    i have had my eye on this1

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I just got this one last week I'm excited to read it!! I love when the whole cast is important in the story!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've had this book on my TBR for months and it's so great to read a very positive review about it! Yay! Really looking forward to this one!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can't wait to read this one, I've had it on my list for forever. Glad that you liked it, seems like I will enjoy it as well =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. It shows that you really loved this. It sounds like a great adventure. I can see it being made into a movie. The cover even looks like a movie poster.

    ReplyDelete

Hello lovely reader! Thanks for commenting! I enjoying reading what you have to say :) I have turn on the comment mod due to a large amount of spam. Thanks :)