Review: The Darkest Minds Review: Chasers Review: Cornered Review: Finale Review: Leopard Moon

Monday, April 2, 2012

Review: Until I Die

Title: Until I Die
Series: Revenants # 2
Genre: Young Adult- Paranormal/Fantasy
Author: Amy Plum
Publisher: HarperCollins
Release Date: May 8, 2012
Book: ARC sent by publisher


"Kate and Vincent have overcome the odds and at last they are together in Paris, the city of lights and love.

As their romance deepens there’s one question they can’t ignore: How are they supposed to be together if Vincent can’t resist sacrificing himself to save others? Although Vincent promises that he’ll do whatever it takes to lead a normal life with Kate, will that mean letting innocent people die? When a new and surprising enemy reveals itself, Kate realizes that even more may be at stake—and that Vincent’s immortality is in jeopardy.

In Die for Me, Amy Plum created a captivating paranormal mythology with immortal revenants and a lush Paris setting. Until I Die is poised to thrill readers with more heart-pounding suspense, spellbinding romance, and a cliff-hanger ending that will leave them desperate for the third and final novel in the series."

After falling in love wit the first book I knew I had to read the sequel. Just as I  expected there were many changes and growth to the characters. With an explosive ending, I'm not sure what to say!

Until I Die, picks up right from where the last book ended. Kate has grown so much in her knowledge and her relationship with the revenants. I am pleased to see that Kate is not totally dependent on Vincent. Kate gathers her own strength to do what she needs to do.

The plot line of this book is fast paced and exciting. With each new chapters, more information about the revenants is exposed. It is easy to get intrigued with each new rule that Ms. Plum throws at the readers. The way she builds up her world slowly, tantalizing the reader till the last page is perfect.

The love interest of course I adored. There is so  much swooning to be held in the world of Vincent. I love the comments he tells Kate and most of all, love his willingness to do anything he can do for her.

One more thing, the ending. Now, I was not expecting this. Well, I was expecting a dramatic ending due to the fact that through out the book is pretty much fluffy. I knew the author had to throw something in the mix it up. And did she. HECK YEAH! I mean really! WHY?!??! 

With that said, Until I Die is an awesome and surprisingly exciting story.  The rise and fall of the characters provide wonderful fun that the reader can easily step into. Until I Die is a charming sequel that definitely precedes the first book.

I give it 5 BITES!

Happy Reading!


7 comments:

  1. I love the cover and after reading your biting review..i really need to get book one! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome review. I got this one recently and I have been dying to pick it up. I'm happy to hear it is just as good as the first one and that there is swoony Vincent. I am sad to hear about the ending though. I hate having to wait for more!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great review! I really need to check out the first book in this series if this one is that good. I do love swoon worthy moments. Thank you for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh no. I fear this ending Savy! I both really want to know what happens and also want to just stick my head in the sand and pretend Kate and Vincent are all happy and adorable and living their lives. *bites nails*

    ReplyDelete
  5. Um... cliffie? Unexpected twist. I be scared. However I must know! I enjoyed the first and needs to read this one!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Can't wait to read this one. I loved the first book, and Vincent, of course! *swoon!!*

    ReplyDelete
  7. OoOO this is one that I'm going to start next. Glad that you enjoyed it so much =)

    ReplyDelete

Hello lovely reader! Thanks for commenting! I enjoying reading what you have to say :) I have turn on the comment mod due to a large amount of spam. Thanks :)