Review: The Darkest Minds Review: Chasers Review: Cornered Review: Finale Review: Leopard Moon

Thursday, June 28, 2012

Review: The Girls Ghost Hunting Guide

Title: The Girls Ghost Hunting Guide
Series: No
Genre: Middle Grade-Paranormal
Author:  Stacey Graham
Publisher: Sourcebooks Jabberwocky
Release Date: May 1, 2012
Book: ARC sent by publisher

"What was that noise? The cat? The wind?
Little brother stealing a peek at your diary?
Or is it a ghost?
The Girls' Ghost Hunting Guide will help you identify the creepy crawlers from the spooky spirits, the howling winds fromt he haunting phantoms. And with this guide you can learn from real experts how to investigate and contact your very own ghosts!
Everything a girl needs for a night full of fun, including:
• Spooky urban legends to set the mood
• Must-have stuff for your ghost hunting kit
• Pointers for leading the best-ever ghost hunt
• Tips for writing your own ghost
• With fun quizzes, games, recipes, and more!
So gather your friends if they are brave enough, grab a flashlight, and go investigate!"

This would have been one of the books I bought at the book fairs. When I was little, I used to love reading R.L . Stine Goosebumps as well the Kathrine Applegate Animorphs, those were my favorite. Come to think of it, even now I still read those types of stories. LOL!

This book has great insider information. There's information on what to do on a haunting. Like what to bring, (camera, flashlight, etc), what to look for, where you should go. It fun's and easy to read. There is also information of what to do after your investigation. Like what to look for in your photos, what to listen for in your voice recorder, etc. It address safety issues as well. No trespassing, get parents permission, etc. 

My fave part of the book is after every chapter there are some short urban legends. Those I devoured cause I love that stuff. It reminds me of Are you Afraid of the Dark? Does anyone remember that show? Love it!
At the end of the book, there are some blank pages to log in your own investigations to get started with. Super cool!

The Girls Ghost Hunting Guide is a splendid, well put together guide for that ghost lover. Easy information broken down into parts so that no one gets confused. Be sure to include your friends and become your own team of ghost hunters!

I give it 4 BITES!

Happy Reading!




4 comments:

  1. How cute. I would have loved this book too. I never read Goosebumps (they become popular when I was about 11 or 12). But I did love Betty Ren Wright's ghost stories. I devoured them in elementary school.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely adore urban legends too! Even though they usually end up freaking me out, I'm such a wuss. I was a huge RL Stine fan growing up, so this sounds like a really fun read. Love it:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think this would be perfect for slumber parties. I would have been too scared at that age to do it, but now, I think I'd enjoy it.

    Oh wouldn't that be fun... a book blogger slumber party! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. AHHH Are you Afraid of the Dark..I had forgotten about that until you said something. I read all the same books when I was little <3

    ReplyDelete

Hello lovely reader! Thanks for commenting! I enjoying reading what you have to say :) I have turn on the comment mod due to a large amount of spam. Thanks :)