Review: The Darkest Minds Review: Chasers Review: Cornered Review: Finale Review: Leopard Moon

Saturday, July 28, 2012

Review: Dante's Girl

Title: Dante's Girl
Series: The Paradise Diaries # 1
Genre: Young Adult-Contemporary
Author: Courtney Cole
Publisher: Lakehouse Press
Release Date: June 24, 2012
Book: E-copy sent by author


"I have spent every summer since I was ten years old with my father in London. Every summer, since I was ten years old, has been uneventful and boring.
Until this year.
And this year, after a freak volcanic eruption strands me far from home, I have learned these things:
1. I can make do with one outfit for three days before I buy new clothes.
2. If I hear the phrase, “You’re not in Kansas anymore, Toto,” even one more time, I might become a homicidal maniac.
3. I am horribly and embarrassingly allergic to jellyfish.
4. I am in love with Dante Giliberti, who just happens to be the beautiful, sophisticated son of the Prime Minister of a Mediterranean paradise.
5. See number four above. Because it brings with it a whole slew of problems and I’ve learned something from every one of them.
Let’s start with the fact that Dante’s world is five light-years away from mine. He goes to black-tie functions and knows the Prime Minister of England on a first name basis. I was born and raised on a farm in Kansas and wear cut-off jeans paired with cowboy boots. See the difference?
But hearts don’t care about differences. Hearts want what they want. And mine just wants to be Dante’s girl.
My heart just might be crazy."

Sweet and sassy, this book is awesome. I love a good heart-felt romantic. Ms. Cole knew exactly how to write it and how to capture my heart.

This book is fluffy but the good kind. It's starts off as two strangers  in the middle of chaos being thrown together by fate. I like who easily these two fell in step with each other. The easily made each other laugh, smile and taught each other some great life lessons.

The plot itself is typical yet different. The plot flows nicely along with some great plot twist and turns. Like adding small cat fights as well as parent pressure. Choosing the one you love is not always the easy choice yet in the end, it is worth it. With all the choices the characters make, it easy to step into their shoes and become one with them.

Nevertheless, the romantic aspects of the book really got me. I loved the sustaining of the infusion of what you want and what others want you to do. Taking that next step, is brave and impressive. I admired this element of the book so much.

Dante's Girl is an great romantic book. The kind that fills you heart with love and joy. Ms. Courtney achieves a comfortable balance between all the emotions of love, confusion, and anger. Impressive and witty, Dante's Girl is awesome!

I give it 5 BITES!



Happy Reading!




2 comments:

  1. It sounds like my kind of read! Funny and summer-cool! Love ya!

    Cathee from http://foreverlostinbooks.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YAY! If you love a good romance check it out.

      Delete

Hello lovely reader! Thanks for commenting! I enjoying reading what you have to say :) I have turn on the comment mod due to a large amount of spam. Thanks :)