Review: The Darkest Minds Review: Chasers Review: Cornered Review: Finale Review: Leopard Moon

Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Review: Shift

Title: Shift
Series: No
Genre: Young Adult-Fantasy
Author: Kim Curran
Publisher: Strange Chemistry
Release Date: September 4, 2012
Book: ARC sent by publisher 


"When your average, 16-year old loser, Scott Tyler, meets the beautiful and mysterious Aubrey Jones, he learns he's not so average after all. He's a 'Shifter'. And that means he has the power to undo any decision he's ever made. At first, he thinks the power to shift is pretty cool. But as his world starts to unravel around him he realises that each time he uses his power, it has consequences; terrible unforeseen consequences. Shifting is going to get him killed. In a world where everything can change with a thought, Scott has to decide where he stands."

I love these types of books. The chance to change something you want. To change something that went wrong or to makes something happen. Hmm, the things I would change...

Anywho, this book is awesome. The thrill of flashing back and changing things is awesome. Then again the fear of coming back to see if the change is real and how it effected your future is also spine chilling. I was nervous while reading the Scott going back and forth changing things. It's tempting to know you can do it but I am not sure that I can face consequences.

The characters are really well written! I enjoyed getting to know Scott and being in his shoes. He took everything with stride. He learned quickly. With shifting, Scott learns both side of it, the good and the bad. He makes friends as well as enemies. I like that Scott is an all around good guy. He doesn't use his power as an advantage, instead he uses it to help others.

There wasn't much of a love interest yet, but a nice friendship formed. I like that they counted on each other. Even though at times they forgot each other, (cause of the effects of shifting LOL) they always find there way back to each other. I adore that.

Shift rises to excellent sci-fi story. With each heart-pounding chapter, the reader is bombarded with premise of shifting with an unsure future. Fueled with great action and excellent characters, Shift is an great read!

I give it 4 BITES!

Happy Reading!




2 comments:

  1. From your review this book sounds like something I'd love. I like sci-fi and idea of shifting sounds fantastic. And I just love the cover :)

    Thanks for the great review!

    Cayce @ Fighting Dreamer

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hm... I am curious about this one. Like the sound of the premise. Oh thanks for putting it on my radar!

    ReplyDelete

Hello lovely reader! Thanks for commenting! I enjoying reading what you have to say :) I have turn on the comment mod due to a large amount of spam. Thanks :)