Review: The Darkest Minds Review: Chasers Review: Cornered Review: Finale Review: Leopard Moon

Monday, July 16, 2012

Review: The Treachery of Beautiful Things

Title: The Treachery of Beautiful Things 
Series: No
Genre: Young Adult- Paranormal/Fantasy
Author: Ruth Frances Long
Publisher: Dial
Release Date: August 16, 2012
Book: Netgalley


"The trees swallowed her brother whole, and Jenny was there to see it. Now seventeen, she revisits the woods where Tom was taken, resolving to say good-bye at last. Instead, she's lured into the trees, where she finds strange and dangerous creatures who seem to consider her the threat. Among them is Jack, mercurial and magnetic, with secrets of his own. Determined to find her brother, with or without Jack's help, Jenny struggles to navigate a faerie world where stunning beauty masks some of the most treacherous evils, and she's faced with a choice between salvation or sacrifice--and not just her own."

This book is not what I thought. Though, I am surprised on how well it captured me.

First off, this is different take on fae stories. The fact that it is a stand-alone book made it even better. Not that I don't enjoy series but just that the author is able to condensed everything into one solid book  is amazing. I like that this book starts off intense bringing the reader immediately to a whole other world.

I love that the main character Jenny grows right before my eyes. I like that she started off timid and scared. Scared to face what she had been running from for so long then to fall into a fight gracefully. Each step she takes to find her brother brings her more strength. She ask's questions, demands answers and completely becomes someone new by the end of the book.

The love interest is quite different than what I thought it be. Still, it brought joy to my heart that Jenny fought for her love. She didn't turn against him, instead her love grew for him no matter what the circumstance. Their love is sacrifice that cost them both dearly yet brings them together stronger and better than ever.

The Treachery of Beautiful Things is an delightful read. The suspense to the climatic battle at the end is amazing. If you enjoy the familiar stories of fae, you 'll love this book. Another fantastic story, The Treachery of Beautiful Things is great!

I give it 3 BITES!




Happy Reading!


2 comments:

  1. I love fae books so I think I may enjoy this.:)
    Thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also enjoy fae books and that cover draws me in. Thanks for bringing this one to my attention.

    ReplyDelete

Hello lovely reader! Thanks for commenting! I enjoying reading what you have to say :) I have turn on the comment mod due to a large amount of spam. Thanks :)