Review: The Darkest Minds Review: Chasers Review: Cornered Review: Finale Review: Leopard Moon

Sunday, August 19, 2012

Review: The Crown Of Embers

Title: The Crown Of Embers
Series: Fire and Thorns # 2
Genre: Young Adult- Historical/Fantasy
Author: Rae Carson
Publisher: Greenwillow Books
Release Date: September 18, 2012
Book: ARC sent by publisher


"In the sequel to the acclaimed The Girl of Fire and Thorns, a seventeen-year-old princess turned war queen faces sorcery, adventure, untold power, and romance as she fulfills her epic destiny.
Elisa is the hero of her country. She led her people to victory against a terrifying enemy, and now she is their queen. But she is only seventeen years old. Her rivals may have simply retreated, choosing stealth over battle. And no one within her court trusts her-except Hector, the commander of the royal guard, and her companions. As the country begins to crumble beneath her and her enemies emerge from the shadows, Elisa will take another journey. With a one-eyed warrior, a loyal friend, an enemy defector, and the man she is falling in love with, Elisa crosses the ocean in search of the perilous, uncharted, and mythical source of the Godstone's power. That is not all she finds. A breathtaking, romantic, and dangerous second volume in the Fire and Thorns trilogy."

Since the first book, I could not wait to read this one. The Girl of Fire and Thorns thrusted me into a world of royalty and war. And this one, left me feeling the exact that same the first book did. One word. More.

I really enjoyed just slipping right back into this world. Ms. Carson does it again, but creating a fabulous world full of life, treachery, and greed. I loved how easy it was for me to fall right back into Elisa shoes. It was as if I had never left. The plot once again, is full of blood and war. Elisa is on the run and this time she has an enemy on the inside.

The characters of the book have grown much. Elisa is not some princess. Though she has lost much she has gained much in knowledge, strength, and trust. Elisa can kick-butt and ask questions later. Her sarcasm never fails to make me laugh. Her seriousness never fails to take me by surprise. I know her. The feel of her emotions and her honor of what she needs to do always comes first.

The love interest did fall into what I expected and more. Elisa has done everything for everybody else. She sacrifice who she loves as always puts herself last. It's about damn time that someone put her first for once! I loved watching Elisa smile and be carefree. 

The Crown Of Embers is a great sequel. Filled with more action and love, I fell for this book. Carson is talented writer that can grab any reader. Stellar and dark, The Crown Of Embers is awesome.

I give it 4 BITES!

Happy Reading!


4 comments:

  1. I LOVED this book and I was so happy to read the book. Great Post!

    -Chayse
    thebookreaper.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwww...you are SO lucky! I can't wait to get my hands on a copy! Hopefully soon. *crosses fingers* I loved the first book! Wonderful review!
    DeAnna Schultz

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wanted to read that first one, but haven't yet... looks like I'll be adding this one to my wishlist as well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Savannah,
    I am a new follower of your blog. Found you through Feature and Follow. I really like your banner and the earthy tones of your blog. If you would like to follow me back, you can visit me at:
    http://marilynphillips.blogspot.com.au/

    Thanks,
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete

Hello lovely reader! Thanks for commenting! I enjoying reading what you have to say :) I have turn on the comment mod due to a large amount of spam. Thanks :)