Review: The Darkest Minds Review: Chasers Review: Cornered Review: Finale Review: Leopard Moon

Thursday, August 23, 2012

Review: Seeds Of War

Title: Seeds Of War
Series: Eden's Root Trilogy # 2
Genre: Young Adult- Dystopian/ Post Apocalypse 
Author: Rachel Fisher
Publisher: Self-Pub
Release Date: July 16, 2012
Book: E-copy sent by author


"The mission of Eden must be fulfilled and Eden’s best Seekers are needed. Forming a new group they dub the Seeders, Fi, Asher, and Sean are joined by a new addition as they set out to bring hope and support to the Topsiders in the form of radios and heirloom seeds. Their experiences Topside prepare them for the threat from marauding gangs they call Lobos, but it is a different, less obvious sort of threat that takes them by surprise. As radio broadcasts begin to reconnect Eden and the Topsiders, the Seeders stumble upon mysterious broadcasts from unknown stations. When two of their own new radio stations go silent within days of each other, Fi and her companions realize that something is terribly wrong. Eden finds itself pitted against a growing and unknown force as their very mission lights the flames of war."

Not bad for the second installment. Not bad at ALL. With new plot twists and adventure around every corner, I devoured this book. 

In this book, I fell for the plot. It always kept me on my toes and really excited. Usually, the sequels in trilogies I find lacking but this time around I found this book more exciting then the first! In this plot, the group has survived. With one step at a time, they have become seeders. Replanting original seeds to  fruits and veggies, trying their best to restore natural earth food. All the while there is an uprising of radical religious groups bringing down the efforts. Enough to even kill them for replanting. Like, I said exciting. The plot carried loads of action as well as LOVE!

The love interest flourished just the way I wanted it. Even with some unexpected surprises! I'm so excited and happy at the same time! AHHHHHHH! I especially loved this part because Fi and her love are starting fresh. They deserve a new beginning and if it means this, then YAY! I loved watching their love grow so strong! This couple truly rocks with all that they have been through.

There are some new character developments that I enjoyed as well. Some secrets are exposed bringing to light the effects of the events that happen. I like that these characters help other characters developed. It's like a rock sharping a knife. Very good.

Seeds Of War is an awesome sequel. A very lawless society full of people trying to help, to people destroying whats left, it really makes you think. The originality of the story brings happiness to my heart. Seeds Of War is impressive!

I give it 5 BITES!

Happy Reading!


1 comment:

  1. Hm... are you tempting me with another series? Looks like you are! Darn... that wishlist keeps growing...

    ReplyDelete

Hello lovely reader! Thanks for commenting! I enjoying reading what you have to say :) I have turn on the comment mod due to a large amount of spam. Thanks :)