Review: The Darkest Minds Review: Chasers Review: Cornered Review: Finale Review: Leopard Moon

Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Review: Rebel Heart

Title: Rebel Heart
Series: Dust Lands # 2
Genre: Young Adult-Dystopian
Author: Moira Young
Publisher: Margaret K. McElderry
Release Date: October 30, 2012
Book: Edelweiss

"It seemed so simple: Defeat the Tonton, rescue her kidnapped brother, Lugh, and then order would be restored to Saba’s world. Simplicity, however, has proved to be elusive. Now, Saba and her family travel west, headed for a better life and a longed-for reunion with Jack. But the fight for Lugh’s freedom has unleashed a new power in the dust lands, and a formidable new enemy is on the rise.
What is the truth about Jack? And how far will Saba go to get what she wants? In this much-anticipated follow-up to the riveting Blood Red Road, a fierce heroine finds herself at the crossroads of danger and destiny, betrayal and passion."

Another sequel I couldn't wait to read Rebel Heart!

Once I started reading this book, I found it difficult to get into. I wasn't sure, whether it was just me or maybe I need to re-read Blood Red Road just so I can get the feel of the book. I stepped into the world pretty easily but found myself dismayed with the plot. For me, it felt slow and confusing. I had times where I had to back track and re-read parts.

Other parts of the book failed me. I just wanted more. And since it wasn't quite what I wanted I just could not get into as I thought I would.

With that said, I could not finish the book. I've decided to put it down and try again later. I think it will help me a lot more if I re-read the first book then flow into the second one.

I give it 3 BITES!


Happy Reading!



6 comments:

  1. I haven't read Blood Red Road, but I heard it was a super interesting books (I think this is the one that had a strange dialect or didn't use punctuation or something right?). Too bad you couldn't quite settle into this one, I've been in a bit of a slump the past 2 weeks and have had trouble with several books for the same reason. Like you, I've set them aside to try again later!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is my most anticipated book at the moment. Sorry you didn't enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh NO!! I loved the first and have really really wanted to read this one. The confusing plot does not bode well. :( I still need to read it... even if it only brings me to the 3rd and nothing else. So sad.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Too bad this was hard for you. I often find that with second books. I tend to forget the first book.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't read Blood Red Road but I know a lot of people loved it and I'm really tempted to give it a try.
    Sorry that book two was a let-down for you... but at least both of us loved Crown of Embers :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Quite surprised at this!!!! I am very excited for this book and hoping it's good!!!

    Angie

    ReplyDelete

Hello lovely reader! Thanks for commenting! I enjoying reading what you have to say :) I have turn on the comment mod due to a large amount of spam. Thanks :)