Review: The Darkest Minds Review: Chasers Review: Cornered Review: Finale Review: Leopard Moon

Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Review: Speechless

Title: Speechless
Series: No
Genre: Young Adult-Contemporary
Author: Hannah Harrington
Publisher: HarlequinTeen
Release Date: August 28, 2012
Book: Netgalley

"Everyone knows that Chelsea Knot can't keep a secret
Until now. Because the last secret she shared turned her into a social outcast—and nearly got someone killed.
Now Chelsea has taken a vow of silence—to learn to keep her mouth shut, and to stop hurting anyone else. And if she thinks keeping secrets is hard, not speaking up when she's ignored, ridiculed and even attacked is worse.
But there's strength in silence, and in the new friends who are, shockingly, coming her way—people she never noticed before; a boy she might even fall for. If only her new friends can forgive what she's done. If only she can forgive herself."

When you read this book, be prepared to have it rattle your emotions. Written so explicitly well, this story will steal your heart.

Obviously it is the plot that totally rocks! What happens when something you said takes an unexpected turn? It causes anger and almost death. WOW! Let me tell you that this girl took a lot. I mean A LOT! Some of the things that are done to her, said to her...it got me so angry! I just couldn't understand these people ignorance. But then again, that's what happens in high school. People are small minded and do not understand the impact that those things can have.

There wasn't so much of a love interest but there are some amazing friendships that are established. I really enjoyed watching some friends come along to give her chance and know her. Even though they heard rumors, I loved that they didn't care what others thought. They were selfish in any of their actions despite what Chelsea.

I think the greatest lesson in this book is to SPEAK UP! Despite what your beliefs are, of who you are, nobody deserves to be bullied. PERIOD. 

Speechless is an amazingly raw book. Fresh and unique, Speechless depicts the acts of human idiocy. The horror of single secret let out into a world of bullies make me shutter. If you truly want to dive into a world of  selfish people, read Speechless. It will change your heart.

I give it 4 BITES!


Happy Reading!


2 comments:

  1. I've been hearing such great things about this book, and I really need to read something by Hannah Harrington! Contemporary YA books are definitely growing on me and forcing me to broaden my paranormal tunnel-vision, so I'm looking forward to getting my hands on this one:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow!! I think I need to read this one. It sounds so good. I love rattling emotions in a book. Oh and I love how involved you got. I'm with Jenny... gotta add this one to the contemp YA pile!

    ReplyDelete

Hello lovely reader! Thanks for commenting! I enjoying reading what you have to say :) I have turn on the comment mod due to a large amount of spam. Thanks :)