Review: The Darkest Minds Review: Chasers Review: Cornered Review: Finale Review: Leopard Moon

Sunday, October 28, 2012

Review: Flight

Title: Flight
Series: The Crescent Chronicles # 1
Genre: New Adult-Paranormal/Fantasy
Author: Alyssa Rose Ivy
Publisher: Self-Pub
Release Date: August 16, 2012
Book: E-copy sent by author








"Sometimes you just have to take flight.
A summer in New Orleans is exactly what Allie needs before starting college. Accepting her dad’s invitation to work at his hotel offers an escape from her ex-boyfriend and the chance to spend the summer with her best friend. Meeting a guy is the last thing on her mind—until she sees Levi.
Unable to resist the infuriating yet alluring Levi, Allie finds herself at the center of a supernatural society and forced to decide between following the path she has always trusted or saving a city that might just save her."

Stories like  these are like a diamond in a ruff. Beautifully detailed and wonderfully written, I fell for this book fast. Now, let me say this is also a story that can go either way. You either love it or hate it. 

Why the love/hate relationship? Well for one the things the characters says or does is like,"WTH?" Sometimes all you can think is why? For me, I'm able to push those parts aside and still be able to concentrate on the plot of the story, letting myself immerse into it. I had no problem believing the characters actions so for me, I love it. Though some of Allie actions I would have done myself...just saying...

The love interest is one of those trap relationships where the guy likes the girl more than the girl does. Know what I mean? She gets lied to, tricked or just fooled into something that really wasn't what she thought it was. I loved how this part of their relationship is so tense. The author builds up great emotion to action-packed scenes. As the reader, it's fun to learn the "inside" of the secret along with Allie. Getting front row seats to see her relationship grow then fall into a whole new world is awesome.

Flight is an intensely thrilling story that I want more of. It brought an amazing world that is hidden in he crevice of New Orleans to life. Flight is an extraordinary epic story that impresses the reader. Original and  tasteful, Flight is terrific!

I give it 5 BITES!


Happy Reading!


3 comments:

  1. This sounds really good, and I like the cover. I think I'll have to give this one a shot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes that frustrates me and it feels like the girl is TSTL, but if you enjoyed the romance, I think I would as well. Hm... 5 bites. I may have to try this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this cover but I wasn't too impressed with the book. I felt like it was a little rushed and Allie irritated me lol.

    ReplyDelete

Hello lovely reader! Thanks for commenting! I enjoying reading what you have to say :) I have turn on the comment mod due to a large amount of spam. Thanks :)