Review: The Darkest Minds Review: Chasers Review: Cornered Review: Finale Review: Leopard Moon

Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Review: Shadowlands

Title: Shadowlands
Series: No
Genre: Young Adult-Mystery Thriller
Author: Kate Brian
Publisher: Hyperion
Release Date: January 8, 2013
Book: ARC sent by publisher
Video Review: HERE




"Rory Miller had one chance to fight back and she took it. Rory survived… and the serial killer who attacked her escaped. Now that the infamous Steven Nell is on the loose, Rory must enter the witness protection with her father and sister, Darcy, leaving their friends and family without so much as a goodbye.
Starting over in a new town with only each other is unimaginable for Rory and Darcy. They were inseparable as children, but now they can barely stand each other. As the sisters settle in to Juniper Landing, a picturesque vacation island, it seems like their new home may be just the fresh start they need. They fall in with a group of beautiful, carefree teens and spend their days surfing, partying on the beach, and hiking into endless sunsets. But just as they’re starting to feel safe again, one of their new friends goes missing. Is it a coincidence? Or is the nightmare beginning all over again?"

 I had no idea that when I started this book that it would capture me so tightly, that I stayed up close to one in the morning to finish it. I literally could not put the book down and instead, found myself immersed in a world where death lurks around the corner.

 Let me be the first to say," BRAVO! Ms. Brian." The plot is what every reader wants. Exciting and thrilling, lots of mystery and psycho killer on the loose. Once I started this book, there was no going back for me. I was hooked and would not put the book down. Every chapter, the reader is lead deeper into the mind of the killer as well as the victim. Things don't seem to add up and you just KNOW that something is missing...

The ending. O.M.G. The. Ending. It totally sealed the deal for me, leaving me jaw-dropped. I DID NOT expect that! I really didn't! The author had me so tied up amongst other things, that I failed to miss the clues. Well played Ms. Brian, well played. 

Shadowlands is an awesome, amazing book that you want to read. It's one of those stories that will stick in your mind, days after reading it. You'll keep going back to parts, searching for the where you got lost. Clearly, it wasn't that the reader is lost, it's just that Kate Brian is one helluva of writer!

I give it 5 BITES!


Happy Reading!


7 comments:

  1. Ooooo even if I didn't want to read this one before (which I did), your mention of the ending would have ensured I picked this one up. I love unexpected twists! I'm now dying to know what happens. COME ON JANUARY!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love when a book can keep me guessing!! This sounds fabulous!! I need to read this one!! Great review!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad to hear this glowing review. I just got this one and now I'm really excited to read it. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am wanting to read this one so badly! Of course now you have me drooling more mentioning, rather cryptically, the ending. I must know! MUST! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I TOTALLY TOTALLY did NOT expect the ending. Is this going to be a series? Because it's a jaw dropping ending. A definite 5 stars!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ahhhh! This just came in the mail for me and now I can't wait to read it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG, it sounds so good! I really love that it's a standalone too! i'm tired of having to start series.

    ReplyDelete

Hello lovely reader! Thanks for commenting! I enjoying reading what you have to say :) I have turn on the comment mod due to a large amount of spam. Thanks :)