Review: The Darkest Minds Review: Chasers Review: Cornered Review: Finale Review: Leopard Moon

Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Review: Dance Of Shadows

Title: Dance of Shadows
Series: Dance of Shadow #1
Genre: Young Adult-Paranormal
Author: Yelena Black
Publisher: Bloomsbury
Release Date: February 12, 2013
Book: Netgalley




Dancing with someone is an act of trust. Elegant and intimate; you're close enough to kiss, close enough to feel your partner's heartbeat. But for Vanessa, dance is deadly – and she must be very careful who she trusts . . . Vanessa Adler attends an elite ballet school – the same one her older sister, Margaret, attended before she disappeared. Vanessa feels she can never live up to her sister's shining reputation. But Vanessa, with her glorious red hair and fair skin, has a kind of power when she dances – she loses herself in the music, breathes different air, and the world around her turns to flames . . . Soon she attracts the attention of three men: gorgeous Zep, mysterious Justin, and the great, enigmatic choreographer Josef Zhalkovsky. When Josef asks Vanessa to dance the lead in the Firebird, she has little idea of the danger that lies ahead – and the burning forces about to be unleashed...



I have never really read a book about dancing and when I first started this book, I was waiting for the drama that would follow. However, there wasn't and I think that is what got me to love the book more. It focused more on the drama and the mystery behind the missing girls.  

Vanessa is I think an amazing character. I was expecting her to change when getting the lead of role of the major day. I think I was so happy. I was jumping up and down thanking that she was not going to become one of those cocky girls who loses her friends because she thinks she is better than them. So I thank you Ms. Black.

Okay Josef, Zep, and Hilda I think are amazing villains. I knew instantly that there was something about them but I was curious to see what was up with them. Let me just say that the ending was wicked. 

I am highly looking for the next book and seeing where this series leads. Filled with a sense of YA Black Swan in the making. This is book is a book one should check out in their coming up reads. 

I give it 4 BITES! 



Happy Reading!

4 comments:

  1. Oh a dark creatively minded book. Yep, I do think I want to read this one. Chayse, you had me at YA Black Swan in the making... :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have not read a review of this one yet (that I recall) and really didn't pay it much attention, but it's got my attention now! It sounds great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you want to read a more pure book about dance, I'd recommend Bunheads by Sophie Flack. But this one sounds a lot more exciting - in a different way.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Interesting!! Like you, i never read a book about dancing!! Would love to give this one a try! Lovely review!
    - Farah @ MajiBookshelf

    ReplyDelete

Hello lovely reader! Thanks for commenting! I enjoying reading what you have to say :) I have turn on the comment mod due to a large amount of spam. Thanks :)