Review: The Darkest Minds Review: Chasers Review: Cornered Review: Finale Review: Leopard Moon

Monday, February 25, 2013

Review: Focus

Title: Focus
Series: The Crescent Chronicles # 2
Genre: New Adult-Fantasy/Paranormal
Author: Alyssa Rose Ivy
Publisher: Self-Pub
Release Date: January 23, 2013
Book: E-copy sent by author









"Freshman year of college is hard even when you're not tied to the future king of a supernatural society.
Allie dives into college head first with Hailey as her roommate and the city of New Orleans as her backyard. As things within The Society heat up, Allie realizes that whether she’s with Levi or not, she's in far too deep to turn back."




 Since I loved the first book Flight so much, I had to get my hands on this book. It did not disappoint me!

So the plot dives right back into Allie going to college. And of course she is facing lots of decisions. Decisions about her, Levi, and her future. I like the plot gets better after the first half of the book. For me the first part of the book was well like a filler. Nothing really was moving or happening till the later on. Once you get past that first part, things begin happening. 

Now, the love interest. The first part of the book bothered me a bit. Allie does this annoying thing of going back and forth. (NO! I don't you! But, Yes I do!) Chick, you giving me whiplash! Once Allie makes up her mind, things finally flow smoothly with Levi. Though she still keeps Levi at a distance, Allie is learning more about herself and Levi. I'm hoping in the next book  Allie will allow herself to fall in love completely and be trusting.

Focus takes things to another level. Fast with lots of plot twist, Focus is a great adventure to read. It's easy yet predictable. 

I give it 4 BITES!



Happy Reading!



6 comments:

  1. I've heard of and seen these books around and they do sound good. I'm glad you liked this one! Great review, Savy! :D

    Sarika @ The Readdicts

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really do need to pick up this series I think. Almost every review I have read for any of these books is great!! It's too bad the beginning was a bit of a filler, but I'm glad that it got better in the second half.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, just the beginning. I supposed someone who might picked it up later in the series will have no problems catching up.

      Delete
  3. I wasn't sure about the back and forth romance, but as long as she makes up her mind and sticks to it, it probably won't bug me too much. Hm... I might have to really look at that first book.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm with you girl! As long as she sticks with it. I'm okay too :)

      Delete
  4. I really really love this series too and can't wait for Found. Yes, Allie still bugs me from time to time, but overall I love all the characters and Allie and Levi as a couple. Great review!

    Vivian
    Confessions of a Vi3tBabe
    Deity Island

    ReplyDelete

Hello lovely reader! Thanks for commenting! I enjoying reading what you have to say :) I have turn on the comment mod due to a large amount of spam. Thanks :)